Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Android Auto???

TomAce9906

Reaction score
First time poster here, so I apologize if this may have been posted somewhere else...

I just took delivery of my 2021 RAM 3500 Limited Megacab. Apparently, it has the capability of WIRELESS Android Auto. I've gotten Android Auto work when it's plugged in to the USB-C port, and Bluetooth Audio works fine. But I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get Android Auto to work wirelessly. Any insight on this??

Thanks

Sir Snacksalot

Reaction score
Where do you see it has that capability? No one else does here. Just curious, is it on the window sticker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomAce9906

Reaction score
Where do you see it has that capability? No one else does here. Just curious, is it on the window sticker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is on the Ram trucks website...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210610-215630_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210610-215630_Chrome.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 144

Cpsram21

Reaction score
First time poster here, so I apologize if this may have been posted somewhere else...

I just took delivery of my 2021 RAM 3500 Limited Megacab. Apparently, it has the capability of WIRELESS Android Auto. I've gotten Android Auto work when it's plugged in to the USB-C port, and Bluetooth Audio works fine. But I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get Android Auto to work wirelessly. Any insight on this??

Thanks
Wireless only works on 22 models with uconnect 5 , yours still has uconnect 4 .

plinke

Reaction score
This is my understanding as well. I have a 2021 2500 Limited Longhorn and no wireless CarPlay (or Android Auto). However, I found a solution that works surprisingly well. I got it on Amazon. It is a small dongle that you plug into the USB port and then connect your phone to wirelessly. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0928WZ9PG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have tried a number of these and a lot of them are very slow to connect, have poor sound quality, and/or crash. I have had this one for a month now. It connects quickly every time without intervention and there have been no crashes.

Reaction score
Sounds like a great solution. Do you happen to know if this would work the same with Android Auto or is it setup specifically for Apple Carplay?

plinke

Reaction score
I have not tried it with Android but it is advertised as working with both. Amazon has free returns so I don’t think you have anything to lose by trying.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
it's super easy to set up. there may be a delay on delivery if you order one, with all the ic shortages.

Users who are viewing this thread