Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter front

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
seems like it would he beneficial in icy conditions, keeping the shutters clean.

MinimeJer05

Reaction score
Anyone have any tips for the top two "flaps" of the cover? They don't seem to have a place to get tucked into.... unless I am doing it wrong?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Anyone have any tips for the top two "flaps" of the cover? They don't seem to have a place to get tucked into.... unless I am doing it wrong?
Fold them to the inside they will stay with the velcro

Or do you mean the pieces with the hard plastic? They will tuck in but i have to kind of pry my plastic trim back slightly to get them in

Bikel

Reaction score
I liked the ones that they used to make for the 3rd gen’s. That wrapped around the radiator and you couldn’t see it

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
How cold should it be when you put it on?

Watch your ECT. If it’s consistently running 200°+ and you’re not towing then you should open another flap.

It’s going between 20’s and 30’s here now and I have the two upper flaps closed. I stay right around 190° driving the back roads. It’ll jump to 200-205° if I get on the interstate at 70-75, but that’s rare this time of year.

Bikel

Reaction score
Watch your ECT. If it’s consistently running 200°+ and you’re not towing then you should open another flap.

It’s going between 20’s and 30’s here now and I have the two upper flaps closed. I stay right around 190° driving the back roads. It’ll jump to 200-205° if I get on the interstate at 70-75, but that’s rare this time of year.
It’s installed. I had the upper flaps open, 32 degrees and was running at 200-206. 55 mph. I guess I need to open another flap. I might have to remove the front when I head to Florida with the camper at the end of February

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes you need to open another one, and yes you should pull it to tow.

I always pull it to tow, even when it’s well below freezing.

Users who are viewing this thread