Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield Mount Light Bars

Reaction score
Just curious to see if anyone out there has added an aftermarket windshield mount light bar. I'm considering a 50" light bar for my Power Wagon and would like to see pictures if anyone has one mounted on their rig. Thanks!

Greenhills

Reaction score
1.) if you care, these are majorly out of style
2.) there is no need anymore, smaller lights are equally as effective
3.) they give awful windshield glare when turned on - i have run one in the past
4.) they can be prone to generating significant wind noise / whistling at highway speeds

Reaction score
1.) if you care, these are majorly out of style
2.) there is no need anymore, smaller lights are equally as effective
3.) they give awful windshield glare when turned on - i have run one in the past
4.) they can be prone to generating significant wind noise / whistling at highway speeds
Thanks for the response...I always wondered about the windshield glare and noise. Think I will pass on this.

SMK Shoe

Reaction score
Look into Ditch lights. Two small LED light bars ( about 6 " ) mounted to brackets that mount at the hood hinges. Lots of higher up light with little to no glare or wind noise.

RTillery

Reaction score
I have two Rigid "side shooters" on my Jeep. They are small, but awesome. My buddy was following me into the woods before daylight elk hunting. When I turned them on, he said he thought the sun came up. ;)

SMK Shoe

Reaction score
I had a pair of the rigid lights mounted in the bumper of a 2017 tundra for back up lights. EVERYONE knew when I was in reverse.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
On our off road race truck, the main lights are down in the grill area and headlight area. We run a secondary light bar on top that sits back from the windshield.

So yea, lower front lights would be better.

Users who are viewing this thread