Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window Visor/Auto Up function

spd556

Reaction score
Did a search an I couldn't find good info. Looking at Weathertech in channel window visors and would like some feedback on function with the auto up function of the window. Several reviews on Amazon state the auto up function will cause the window to go down when it comes in contact with the in channel visor. Anyone have any experience with this?

Skooter76

Reaction score
I have them front and rear. My front windows have done that to me a few times when the truck has been outside in the really cold. Normally they work just fine. The front vents were a piece of cake to install. The rears took a bit longer with some provided 3M tape and a couple clips. I would recommend them. This is the best picture of them I could find.

IMG_1303 (2).JPEG

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
the AVS ones are better in my opinion i never liked the in channel ones ( best picture i have of them right now)
8281F618-9B93-4BEB-85F6-7656A5925A5F.jpeg

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I run the avs in channel units. it's happened to me during very cold weather, on 3 occasions. otherwise no issues.20210124_171825.jpg

Skooter76

Reaction score
It's been a while but if I recall the Weathertech installed between the window frame and the channel so it pinches the channel a bit. Not an issue when its warm but the rubber is less flexible when its cold and the window doesn't like it. I can force it closed by not using express up, just bumping the switch until it seats.

spd556

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I have the wheathertech on my Silverado and like them, but the Chev doesn't have the auto up feature. I think the in channel look cleaner than the ones that stick to the door frame. The auto thing doesn't sound like as huge of a thing as those reviews on Amazon make it out to be.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
I've used in channel visors in my last two trucks with the auto up feature. The instructions specifically tell you to roll the windows up and down ~7 times while holding the visor in position. They then tell you to leave the windows up for the ~24 hours so the visors hold the shape correctly.

Even better if you leave the truck out in the sun while it sits with the windows up. Or you could use a heat gun to shape it, but be careful not to melt the visors....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread