Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window Tint

Dan66

Reaction score
Howdy,
OK, window tint is now complete.

3M CS 35% window film applied
View attachment 472
I have read reviews that say the 3M Crystalline Series doesn’t noticeably reduce inside temperatures. These are Internet reviews... so thought I would ask what your experience is?

hellograce

Reaction score
I think adding ceramic is what I need since I have problems with my AC right now. Really tired of it blowing not too cold..I feel like it's much hotter compared to my other vehicles.

woody284

Reaction score
Stopped by my go to tint dealer yesterday. You will definitely feel a difference with ceramic tint but in order to get a true benefit you will have to tint the front door window 20 % to match the back if that’s your liking and the put a very light color ceramic tint on the already tinted back windows. This may get $$ for some as ceramic is higher than standard film. I’m planning on using standard film to not have to do the rest of the vehicle. As for windshield tinting that I’m starting to see in my Ky town, it’s a no go for me. I feel it have to lessen ones night time views and can not be safe.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
These are the offerings at the local place.. the Xpel Prime XR Plus is about $100 cheaper than the 3M.

Suntek CXP (Nano-hybrid) - Blocks out 53-55% heat depending on shade. Lifetime Warranty.
Xpel Prime XR (Ceramic) -Blocks out 50-55% heat. Lifetime warranty.
Xpel Prime XR Plus (Ceramic & IR) - Blocks out 60% heat with 98% Infrared Heat Rejection. Lifetime Warranty.
3M Crystalline (Ceramic & IR) - Blocks out 60% heat with 97% Infrared Heat Rejection. Lifetime Warranty.
Clear IR Windshield Films - Depends on film choice.

Users who are viewing this thread