Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

will not start after being stucl

stlee

Reaction score
I am down here in Texas in my 2011 ram power wagon 5.7, and just last night I got stuck in a ditch when trying to retrieve a friend. 3 feet of snow as the road and ditch were a snow drift. 20 degrees outside. truck was running fine with no problems prior. After being jerked 4 times rather hard I broke free, but on the last jerk my truck died, and will not start back up. I had a friend plug into it to read any codes it may have (though my dash never indicated there was any problem) the reader came back with P0562 (which is low system voltage). My questions are-
Could the jerking caused a low system voltage?
Could the jerking caused another issue that is not showing up that will prevent it from starting?

Cseybert

Reaction score
Maybe broke something off on the battery?

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Could be a bad ground, or if the battery wasn't strapped down tightly, could have jarred a connection loose during the recovery.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Maybe the inertia switch for the fuel pump If ram used one. That’s my best guess from long distance.

Users who are viewing this thread