Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why the left rear

snayte

Reaction score
Why is the TPMS only alerting on the left rear when the right is actually lower? 20231218_062657.jpg

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Did the left rear fall down to 52 at some point, then raise back up to 55 after driving. If so, it hit the threshold for the warning (20% below 65), and needs to be brought all the way back up to 65 before airing back down to 55 to clear the warning. The right rear probably never fell below threshold yet.

Ramsomair

Reaction score
I'm experiencing the exact same thing with my right rear. All other tires are at 53 and RR at 58 and its the one that alerts the system. I pump them all up to 60 and the alert goes away. I believe it may just be a sensitive sensor.

quicksilv.r

Reaction score
I can't imagine always keeping 50+ in my tires all the time. Thank goodness for the AEV ProCal Snap. I know TPMS sensors definitely serve a valid purpose for some folks, but i certainly try to remove and disable them on all my vehicles if possible.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't imagine always keeping 50+ in my tires all the time. Thank goodness for the AEV ProCal Snap. I know TPMS sensors definitely serve a valid purpose for some folks, but i certainly try to remove and disable them on all my vehicles if possible.

Sounds like you’d be much happier with TPIS than an adjusted TMPS. AlfaOBD or JScan are better options than the ProSnap, which is quite overpriced for its minimal features.

Users who are viewing this thread