Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why No Option for Power Running Boards on PW?

KnuckleHead

Reaction score
I do not, but I have been called one more times than I can count.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Me too. Always wanted to build one, all stock. Hardtail frame, Springer front end pogo stick solo seat, tank shift, foot clutch. Something to put around town on.

kenrn64

Reaction score
Hey guys, Anybody know why AMP says that the XL will not fit on the 2500 Power Wagon? Their site and all the others that offer the XL says for the Diesel 2500 only. Whats up woth the PW Gas 2500?

KnuckleHead

Reaction score
There is something in the way on the Gas 2500s. I dont remember exactly what it is but I called them two years ago when I got my PW and thats what they told me. Regular ones fit fine and have been working for me without issue.

Great Pumpkin

Reaction score
Hey guys, Anybody know why AMP says that the XL will not fit on the 2500 Power Wagon? Their site and all the others that offer the XL says for the Diesel 2500 only. Whats up woth the PW Gas 2500?

I have them on my 2021, didn’t know there was an issue.
There is something in the way on the Gas 2500s. I dont remember exactly what it is but I called them two years ago when I got my PW and thats what they told me. Regular ones fit fine and have been working for me without issue.
Me too! I seem to remember something about the xl not being available so I guess I have the regular setup on my 2021 and I’d say they are perfect. My wife and I both have bad knees and the height seems great.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Gas trucks (except 2022) have vibration damper modules installed on the frame. Many people have installed AMP steps on these trucks, some have had to relocate the modules.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
They push the dampeners back and fasten with only the rearward two bolts through the unit’s forward bracket holes.
It made for an annoying sound on mine while MDS-ing before removing the steps and putting the dampeners back where they belong.
Have no idea which Amps were on it, but yep.
Had some Amp mishaps while off road and hunting, had to go. Real sliders now.

Users who are viewing this thread