Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why I will always have my moose ears on my truck...

RV_Goose

Reaction score
This is the method I have used for 44 years to adjust my mirrors. On my stock 2020 RAM 3500 towing mirrors, the large portion will not adjust out far enough in the down position. I also do not have to adjust any mirrors when towing any trailer.

Greenhills

Reaction score
I also do not like the mirrors in the folded down position. I think the tow mirrors do look less offensive if your trucks wheel & tire set up sticks out a bit and you have the truck lifted or leveled atleast.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
I also do not like the mirrors in the folded down position. I think the tow mirrors do look less offensive if your trucks wheel & tire set up sticks out a bit and you have the truck lifted or leveled atleast.
Well, I've got a dually, so my tires in the rear so stick out. And my front hubs also do.

Pronto

Reaction score
This is the method I have used for 44 years to adjust my mirrors. On my stock 2020 RAM 3500 towing mirrors, the large portion will not adjust out far enough in the down position. I also do not have to adjust any mirrors when towing any trailer.

That would drive me nuts to have my mirrors set that far out and backing would be a figurative and literal pain in the neck while trying to check your clearance. The convex blind spot mirror covers the blind spot just fine.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
That would drive me nuts to have my mirrors set that far out and backing would be a figurative and literal pain in the neck while trying to check your clearance. The convex blind spot mirror covers the blind spot just fine.

100%. I have a dually also and refuse to drive around unloaded with my tow mirrors flopped out. Otherwise, i might as well wear a flat bill ball cap, roll some coal, and blast my music on level 100 to match my mirrors! lol.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
My son and I always make fun of trucks we see towing invisible trailers around town. When driving by I like to hit the button to fold my mirrors in and out. Properly adjusted mirrors shouldn't have a blind spot (not to mention if you have blind sport warning). I guess they do it cause they think it looks cool.

341788_shrek-face-png.png

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
My son and I always make fun of trucks we see towing invisible trailers around town. When driving by I like to hit the button to fold my mirrors in and out. Properly adjusted mirrors shouldn't have a blind spot (not to mention if you have blind sport warning). I guess they do it cause they think it looks cool.

341788_shrek-face-png.png
Ghost trailers! My wife even points them out.

rossagge

Reaction score
I get having them out if you tow often. Annoying to adjust every time you hook up. But if you daily it and tow every so often, keep them in. Exactly what others said above. It's just silly to have those "moose mirrors" out for status reasons. Not only that, if you don't have power fold, there's always the inconsiderate drivers with their moose mirrors or extended mirrors out in the parking lot. On all my vehicles I set my mirrors so there is no blind spot...all three mirrors. I've used that method since the mid 90's. And guess what, bonus mirrors on the the HD's with tow package, so even more coverage...no blind spot achievable! Convex mirrors are great for that. To each his own I guess.

Last edited:

McHenry2500

Reaction score
I didn't really notice this as much until I got my 2500 but I do see a ton of ram's with the mirrors folded out just going down the road without a trailer. I've flipped mine out when towing long trailers but even with my 16' bumper pull I leave them down. When I hook up to my GN trailers I usually fold them out.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
Well, it could be that I've set my mirrors that way in the USA and in England/Ireland. So I've grown accustomed to them. The only impediment to backing in my truck was the passenger side rear set headrest. Which now rides under my seat.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
I guess I see now why so many folks go on boards and "ask permission" to debadge, add stripes, "what's the best rim/tires to look agressive".

What's funny are those who have actually stated that "I should not" because they said so. Usually from some runt still living at home and cannot make decisions on their own.

jerryw1000

Reaction score
Well.....I keep mine out because I like the better depth (high to low) field of view. I like to see my ass end AND what's coming up behind me WAY back....clearly. The convex are okay for glimpsing a car in your blind spot and for slow backing.....but I just couldn't see the full view I want with the mirrors down flat. Of course....I'm old so maybe it's just an old man thing.

AKDoug

Reaction score
Boost auto Chevy style mirrors for the win. You get a properly orientated mirror without have to have the dumb Ram mirrors tipped out.

Users who are viewing this thread