Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who uses the VSIM and what features are you using on it

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have not seen many posts about the VSIM and am curious how people are putting it to use if they have it

I have it setup to run WIG WAGS front and rear so when i am plowing. Have not used anything else on it yet but thinking of adding amber lights to use the other wig wag features later on

JABAR357

Reaction score
I have not seen many posts about the VSIM and am curious how people are putting it to use if they have it

I have it setup to run WIG WAGS front and rear so when i am plowing. Have not used anything else on it yet but thinking of adding amber lights to use the other wig wag features later on
I agree I wanted to try the wig wag lights. I live on a corner lot and always back into the driveway. I have vehicles follow me in and stop 3 feet behind me even with the emergency lights on. I'm not sure if I can use wig wags on the front lights on the Laramie.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I agree I wanted to try the wig wag lights. I live on a corner lot and always back into the driveway. I have vehicles follow me in and stop 3 feet behind me even with the emergency lights on. I'm not sure if I can use wig wags on the front lights on the Laramie.
Why would people follow you in to your driveway lol and yes the wig wags work with leds to my understanding

watican

Reaction score

Resurrecting this thread, surely there's more than one person using or thinking about using the VSIM, right? I second the OP's curiosity.
Definitely going to use:
  1. Power feed Run/start to pull my dashcams out of parking mode
  2. [Edit] same power feed run/start for ignition sensing on DC-DC charger
I am considering the possibilities for:
  1. Using the horn activation signal to feed to an air horn
  2. Transmission "reverse" position to activate rear pod lights

Last edited:

Savin yours

Reaction score
I don’t have my truck yet(should be soon). How do I know if I have it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savin yours

Reaction score
It's a $300 option. You should know if you ordered it. It would also show on your build sheet.

I guess I don’t have it. I built my truck about a dozen times before I actually ordered it, and I’ve never heard of it till now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread