Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Got The " Important Emissions Recall " letter

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Picking my truck up tomorrow, I expect mine will already be done so I won't have any before/after experience.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Mine goes in tomorrow for both recalls: The tranny recall and the reflash, will let everyone know how it turns out. They told me 3.5 hrs to complete so I hope to get it back tomorrow. Have several other issues that I’m having addressed too. We shall see.....:-/
My letter says Recall: VB6
Mine is for VB6 Diesel Calibration and W03 Tranny valve body plate and I have the standard 68RFE
Same...VB6...got my letter Saturday.
I have a 2019 with the HO and Aisin. I just received mine the other day.
Got it today.
Mine came in the mail today too. Going into the dealer later this week for some other stuff, so will have them do this too I guess.
Picking my truck up tomorrow, I expect mine will already be done so I won't have any before/after experience.

Hello, all! We want to ensure you have your open recalls addressed. Please make sure to schedule an appointment as soon as you can. If you need any help, please send us a private message. Thanks!

Kate
RamCares

D

Deleted member 80

Hello, all! We want to ensure you have your open recalls addressed. Please make sure to schedule an appointment as soon as you can. If you need any help, please send us a private message. Thanks!

Kate
RamCares
Hi Kate,
I would like something in writing, on official FCA letterhead guaranteeing that after the reflash I will still have 100% of the horsepower and torque that I paid for, performance will not be degraded, my MPG will not go down, and my truck won't have dead-pedal, bogging, and other bad behavior. Sorry to be blunt, but FCA has a poor record with this. Just ask an Ecodiesel or Liberty CRD owner.

Last edited by a moderator:

flan

Reaction score
While truck is warming up looks like a bit of steam coming from the exhaust almost like a cold gasser. I have also had what looks like water dripping from the exhaust, this is probably where the excessive DEF is going. No comparison to the horsepower or fuel usage but we have a few VW TDIs , a 2.5 gallon jug of DEF is good for about 10,000 miles.

Kate
RamCares
Kate can you find out some specific details of what the recall for the emissions is all about to help stop the rumor mill from spinning? thanks.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Kate can you find out some specific details of what the recall for the emissions is all about to help stop the rumor mill from spinning? thanks.

Unfortunately, flan, as our team is not comprised of trained technicians, the only information I have is what was stated in the Owner's Letter: "The engine control software in your vehicle must be modified with a new calibration to improve emission control performance". For any specific questions regarding this, I recommend that everyone speak with their dealer.

Kate
RamCares

flan

Reaction score
Unfortunately, flan, as our team is not comprised of trained technicians, the only information I have is what was stated in the Owner's Letter: "The engine control software in your vehicle must be modified with a new calibration to improve emission control performance". For any specific questions regarding this, I recommend that everyone speak with their dealer.

Kate
RamCares
Thanks anyway

jared43758

Reaction score
Ramcare is worthless. I have the same recall and would love to get some of the same anwsers before I would take mine in, but asking @RamCares for anything useful/helpful is like getting blood from a turnip. Not going to happen

Phil T

Reaction score
Just received my recall letter today. It is a PCM flash to address California emissions on the HO Cummins. The letter states that the registration cannot be renewed until the recall is completed.

Bye Bye fuel mileage.

Dialed-In

Reaction score
Just received my recall letter today. It is a PCM flash to address California emissions on the HO Cummins. The letter states that the registration cannot be renewed until the recall is completed.

Bye Bye fuel mileage.
Had mine done a few weeks ago. Now cold start is rough and shakes the truck for about 4 minutes or so. Also hand calculated mpg is down about 1.5-2mpg from where it had been.

D

Deleted member 80

Bye Bye fuel mileage.
Had mine done a few weeks ago. Now cold start is rough and shakes the truck for about 4 minutes or so. Also hand calculated mpg is down about 1.5-2mpg from where it had been.

This is my fear. Common sense would tell you that if they are not meeting the standard, there is no way to reduce emissions to meet the standard without either diminished performance and/or reduced MPG and/or driveability issues and/or increased DEF use.

jakebrake

Reaction score
I have a 2019 3500 with the HO/Aisin and I have not received a letter and it shows no open campaigns on the website.

What is your build date? And, have you had any of the TSBs performed yet for excessive DEF consumption, 2-1 shift, etc.?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mine was built in july 19. doesn't seem to be using a lot of def. shifting seems ok.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
How would I even know if my new truck I just picked up today has been flashed with VB6?

Didn't seem to shift odd to me but I went into it knowing it might shift like a bus. I do wish it wasn't doing what feel like 1st gear starts empty.

Zrojas

Reaction score
How would I even know if my new truck I just picked up today has been flashed with VB6?

Didn't seem to shift odd to me but I went into it knowing it might shift like a bus. I do wish it wasn't doing what feel like 1st gear starts empty.
The flash is required before retail sale. So if you picked it up today, then the recall has already been performed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

U

User_1648

Mine is in the shop this morning for the update. I'll see if I have any success in finding out what this mysterious update is about. Stay tuned!

Users who are viewing this thread