Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who’s gotten a “GPS of Uconnect box requires service”

Zeus2018

Reaction score
44d6dc3d3bd9fa8ca318a6c38c20a9da.jpg

Just popped up out of nowhere today. The latest update had been running perfectly smooth for weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeus2018

Reaction score
Well the message was gone this morning, and everything is working as normal. Who knows.....

Tlpollock

Reaction score
44d6dc3d3bd9fa8ca318a6c38c20a9da.jpg

Just popped up out of nowhere today. The latest update had been running perfectly smooth for weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got the same message three different times, I was at dealership today for oil change and they wanted to make another appointment specifically for that. But some of my services expired so maybe that has something to do with it. Never had an issue until my trail ran out.

Attachments

• 7AA83B7C-762A-4FCE-8894-A6916BCAAFDF.jpeg
    7AA83B7C-762A-4FCE-8894-A6916BCAAFDF.jpeg
    436.2 KB · Views: 11

dirt-merchant

Reaction score
I just started getting “Uconnect Box Requires Service” warning today (nothing about the gps).

I interestingly I just activated the connected services a couple days ago for an upcoming trip..

JimKIII

Reaction score
I think the 'GPS of UConnect box' error will be a different problem than the more generic 'Uconnect Box requires service' error.

Zeus2018

Reaction score
Mine still has yet to come back. As @dirt-merchant said, I had also recently gone off of trial Uconnect services and switched to a subscription plan. It's worked perfect ever since.

Van Ram

Reaction score
I bought my 2022 2500 used last Christmas in New Mexico and it had this message then. I took it back and they said they would have to take the cover for the center console off to debug and the parts would probably take a week or so. I had to hit the road but finally got it in a shop in CA. After a day in the shop they said I needed a new radio. After a 2 week wait I took it back and they replaced the radio. I still get the message, but intermittently and they said I have all of the updates as of today. Everything functions OK, but I wanted to get it fixed while it is still under warranty.

I have Ram Telematics and the wifi subscription and I have full functionality. If the dealer can't resolve it I'll just live with it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread