Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Winch? As the man says.... Lets find out!

flan

Reaction score
I don’t mind ponying up a few extra bills to buy a winch that I can get replacement parts for 20-30 years down the road. Warn fit the bill for me as I rebuilt a old 80s 8274 a few years back and everything down to decals were widely available.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I only buy warn because of parts available also. The lower end winches are fine but when they break you usually need to buy a complete replacement

jetrinka

Reaction score
I only buy warn because of parts available also. The lower end winches are fine but when they break you usually need to buy a complete replacement
Admit it H3LZ, you just want to be one of the cool kids.

Combatgrunt

Reaction score
I bought a harbor Freight Badlands Apex 12K has the most reviews not super expensive, wireleess has replacement parts and the Harbor Freight Warranty plan is pretty good.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I've had a h.f. winch in my car hauler for 4 years now. it's been in all kinds of weather and still keeps ticking.

I put a xbull 13k on the truck and it is awesome. parts seem to be available but hasn't given me any issues, yet.

Users who are viewing this thread