Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which steering box brace works with the Carli torsion sway bar?

Catmechanic

Reaction score
As the title states, I'm looking for info on which side-to-side (not one sided) steering box brace works with the Carli sway bar on the 2019+ trucks. I thought I recall it being Synergy 09+ but I'd like to confirm before ordering one. I've searched here as well as google and a couple different Ram HD FB pages without finding a definitive answer.

MtnRider

Reaction score
In my experience all of those braces are exactly the same design so may be tough finding one to fit if the "standard" ones don't.
With that said, (IMO) they really aren't necessary on the newer Gen4 (+) trucks. Those were a carry over from the smaller steering box in the 3rd gens. Maybe if you plan on running 40's or something it might be a good idea but I have yet to see wide spread steering box issues related to shaft play in the newer trucks. I'm sure there is a couple out there but not like the 3rd gens.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
I don't think you will find one. Your best bet is to try to space it out with the sway bar spacers that carli makes.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
In my experience all of those braces are exactly the same design so may be tough finding one to fit if the "standard" ones don't.
With that said, (IMO) they really aren't necessary on the newer Gen4 (+) trucks. Those were a carry over from the smaller steering box in the 3rd gens. Maybe if you plan on running 40's or something it might be a good idea but I have yet to see wide spread steering box issues related to shaft play in the newer trucks. I'm sure there is a couple out there but not like the 3rd gens.

I hope you're right but steering box issue isn't something that pops out right away, it takes time and larger tires and other mods may accelerate the wear and tear, so we shall see in a few years if it's still the case.
Op your best bet is to contact the Carli direct, if anyone knows it would be them.

MtnRider

Reaction score
I hope you're right but steering box issue isn't something that pops out right away, it takes time and larger tires and other mods may accelerate the wear and tear, so we shall see in a few years if it's still the case.
Op your best bet is to contact the Carli direct, if anyone knows it would be them.

91k on 35's and level and mine is tight as new. Now I don't abuse my truck so obviously there could be some variables. That guy trying to jump his truck every day may have issues. Again, I don't see many (if any) replacing steering boxes on the late 4th gens? If I was running 40's I would probably add one (and a lot of other things) but that's entering a whole other level of modification.

Just my opinion of course so do as you see fit OP. I just don't think it's the end of the world if you can't find one that fits your application.

ownz0rjoo

Reaction score
I have the Dodge Off-Road steering brace on my truck with the Thuren sway bar. Pretty sure Dodge Off-Road advertises that it works with the Carli bar. I can tell you that my steering feels much tighter after the install. Especially on angled approaches.

dablack21

Reaction score
I have 35K on my 20 Hemi tradesman, and I have a ton of slop in my steering. I can't find a good source of the issue, though. I'm wondering how much of a difference a steering brace would make for me. I am pretty hard on my truck since I use it on pipeline ROWs and spend a lot of time in 4x4 just to get where I need to go.

Users who are viewing this thread