Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to sell brand new take-offs?

jsalbre

Reaction score
My new Rebel should be arriving in the next couple weeks, and it will be coming with the mandatory $1000 option 20" wheels, and 33" Duratracs. I think they're good looking wheels, and if I weren't planning to do much offroad I'd likely keep them. That said, since I will offroad a lot I want to sell the stock wheels and tires and put on some AEV Saltas with 35s. I'd rather have them sold before I put any miles on them.

I plan to list them with a proper post in the for sale section once the truck arrives, but where else have people had luck selling wheels? I tried the dealer, but they're only willing to give $500 credit, which is ridiculous considering that the cheapest OEM 20" wheel is $900 from the dealer.

Pic (from a review) below for the curious.
1675123612737.png

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
With duratracs you may have good luck selling them but its usually a tough sell getting anywhere near what the dealers sell em for but you should be able to get 1500-2000$ if you are willing to sit on them for a bit

Dinky503

Reaction score
I sold my night addition 20s on facebook market. its a hit and miss on it i would plan on sitting on them for awhile just in case. I had a lot of offers but people just low ball you all the time. facebook or craigslist and if you want to deal with shipping and fees ebay.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I sold my night addition 20s on facebook market. its a hit and miss on it i would plan on sitting on them for awhile just in case. I had a lot of offers but people just low ball you all the time. facebook or craigslist and if you want to deal with shipping and fees ebay.
Mind if I ask what you got for them?

jsalbre

Reaction score
Damn. This may not work out well. Part of the deal with the wifey is that I get nearly what it's going to cost for the new ones.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Every listing I’ve seen for OEM takeoffs all start high and end up selling for a grand or less.

Dinky503

Reaction score
yep
Every listing I’ve seen for OEM takeoffs all start high and end up selling for a grand or less.
yep its crazy i had some tires from my wifes jeep. 500 miles on them and we switched to new snow rated tires. i sold them for $400 is the best i could get for them lol.
you cant even buy a new tire even close to that.

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
Got $600 for my 18" Laramie alloys w/ 5k of wear transfarces, no sensors. Listed them on CL, gone after a few days. I figured it would take years to sell them! Am sooo glad to have an additional 6sqft of shop space reclaimed!

Users who are viewing this thread