Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do you buy parts

Caleyvtwin

Reaction score
I am curious, where is everyone’s preferred place to buy parts? I know there are several places online to get new parts with a discount, but what about used parts online or any special place you buy that is quality with reasonable pricing. What is your favorite parts source?

flan

Reaction score
I am curious, where is everyone’s preferred place to buy parts? I know there are several places online to get new parts with a discount, but what about used parts online or any special place you buy that is quality with reasonable pricing. What is your favorite parts source?
Can you be a bit more specific as to “parts”? Also vehicle info....

Caleyvtwin

Reaction score
Can you be a bit more specific as to “parts”? Also vehicle info....

I kinda left it open on purpose. I was just hoping to se where everyone buys what they buy and why they buy there. I’m not asking about any specific parts. There is so much information in this forum, sometimes it is difficult to figure where people are buying.

Suspension parts
Electric parts
New parts
Used parts

I was just hoping to see where people buy.

Dinky503

Reaction score
I look local first as I like to see stuff in person before I buy. If I can't find it in person I find the most reputable sites and price shop. If it's super cheap on a no name site it's most often too good to be true

flan

Reaction score
Ok I usually go to the store. If that store does not have what I’m looking for I try another. I compare those stores with the stores online. If I’m not impressed with the online store I’ll go back to the store I was at. Follow me to see what I have in store next.

Caleyvtwin

Reaction score
Ok I usually go to the store. If that store does not have what I’m looking for I try another. I compare those stores with the stores online. If I’m not impressed with the online store I’ll go back to the store I was at. Follow me to see what I have in store next.
Man I don’t understand why the third degree and the need to treat someone like they less than intelligent because you want to make a simple question so difficult. I was merely trying to make friendly conversation.

This is my first Ram. I enjoy working on cars. I buy Ford parts mostly as I own mostly Fords. I want to make changes to my Ram. I just wanted to have a casual conversation about where some of you purchased the parts you modified your trucks with. For example, I enjoying looking on Facebook Marketplace for used parts, but I have also bought from eBay, Bam wholesale, LKQ, and contacted Infotainment about their products. I know the man that owns SkyJacker Suspension and will probably buy a leveling kit from him.

I apologize if my question was less sufficient for your standards. I’ll make sure I ask a more intellectual question next time. I was just wondering where to window shop.

CdnHO

Reaction score
I buy my maintenance parts from Genos. I try to stay with OEM parts mostly. Many dealers have online parts web pages that offer parts at a discount and are a good deal if you have it shippEd to the dealer for pickup saving the shipping cost. I use T6 Rotella oil and buy that wherever cheapest.

Riddick

Reaction score
OEM Parts - I usually google the part number and go with whatever is the cheapest, MUST BE OEM.
Aftermarket Parts - I look for all vendors who offer military discount, if prices are all the same I tend to go with the actual manufacturer.
Maintenance / Servicing - Hard to beat the prices on oil at Walmart. As for filters, Genos has GREAT customer service, their prices are good, plus they have military discount which they apply to your account so its always there.
Non RAM Maintenance Parts - I have had great luck with Rock Auto and as mentioned above... Google. Take a few minutes to research what you are looking for and you can always save a few bucks.

With that said I have had great experiences with these companies who focus on these trucks: Genos Garage, CJC Off Road, Thuren Suspension, I have reached out to these companies in the past with positive results.... HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Favorite place for me is the self-service junkyard. Unfortunately for the Ram though, they don't have anything new enough, so I'm stuck ordering everything online (from whomever carries what I'm after, so no favorite sites for me).

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
Genos is my go to on filters. Lubricant is sourcered locally. Thuren just got $2300 from me but hopefully not much more.. RealTruck's gotten a few donations between the Ram and kids Taco. I usually try to spread around the $$. If a vendor has a good reputation but a lil smaller operation I'll try to give them the capital. Seems like most things end up being drop shipped from manufacturer so to me its just picking your favorite middle man..

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
All depends on what I'm buying, or if I can make it myself.

Consumables, usually my local Oreilles auto as they give a military discount.

Mostly I'll look on Ebay as they are cheaper there, even OEM. If it's something very specific, there is usually only the manufacture of the part, or a special shop that carries their parts.

Suspension parts like Thuren or Carli, it would be CJC off road. For some other parts, SDHQ.

For sale or trade on here can also be a good source for OEM take offs.

Caleyvtwin

Reaction score
Thx guys. Everyone has that place they prefer to buy from. I was just curious where everyone’s was.

Users who are viewing this thread