Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are my longbed folks at?!

Ivanvent

Reaction score
Very nice, almost went that color on the Power Wagon but stuck with my old stand by Granite Crystal. How'd the Transforce tires hold up in the sand?

they actually did just fine. Aired down to 20psi and cruised right in and out. The tire pressure alert is cool too

Plum Cra Zy

Reaction score
How much does your 2nd trailer weigh total? I'm guessing 4k?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
How much does your 2nd trailer weigh total? I'm guessing 4k?

Mine?

Close. The boat/trailer is right around 3600. That's a close estimate based on axle weight, estimate tongue weight, boat (2590 dry) and trailer (780) specs, minimal fuel, spare tire, gear, etc. Never have actually had a chance to weigh it standalone. a full fuel tank runs about +200lbs over what I normally run so you'd be damn close at 4K.

I won't have to worry about any of that with the new truck. :) Though I'm still tearing up the payload on a Limited with all the bed gear, hitch toolbox, genset, etc. in addition to the pin weight. Trailer is 12K GVWR but we never run that loaded. last time I scaled the 2500/trailer/boat I was just under 24K gross.

I put Goodyear Endurance tires on both trailers so I have more than enough load capacity and a reliable, made in the USA tire. Had my share of blowouts on the old RV with chinabombs regardless of constant maintenance and attention to pressures, etc. I also have a Tireminder setup since 2018 although I was looking forward to the factory TTPMS which I wasn't able to get on the order.

Plum Cra Zy

Reaction score
Mine?

Close. The boat/trailer is right around 3600. That's a close estimate based on axle weight, estimate tongue weight, boat (2590 dry) and trailer (780) specs, minimal fuel, spare tire, gear, etc. Never have actually had a chance to weigh it standalone. a full fuel tank runs about +200lbs over what I normally run so you'd be damn close at 4K.

I won't have to worry about any of that with the new truck. :) Though I'm still tearing up the payload on a Limited with all the bed gear, hitch toolbox, genset, etc. in addition to the pin weight. Trailer is 12K GVWR but we never run that loaded. last time I scaled the 2500/trailer/boat I was just under 24K gross.

I put Goodyear Endurance tires on both trailers so I have more than enough load capacity and a reliable, made in the USA tire. Had my share of blowouts on the old RV with chinabombs regardless of constant maintenance and attention to pressures, etc. I also have a Tireminder setup since 2018 although I was looking forward to the factory TTPMS which I wasn't able to get on the order.
Well you answered weight question, what about overall length question?:eek:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Well you answered weight question, what about overall length question?:eek:

70' bumper to bumper. Boat transom hangs over about 2'.

Depending on who you ask, Colorado is either 70' or 65'.

Rides and handles great. Truck has airlift bags that I run about 35psi. Steady as a rock.

Other states we run through are usually less and in 15 years I've never been bothered. Truth be told, we were towing a 2004 10K GVWR trailer for 14 of those and just 2K worth of jetski's until 2012 when we got the boat. New trailer in 2018 and the old gal has been struggling with it all at times. Needs better tuning, RV injectors, and a built trans so it was time for something new.

Plum Cra Zy

Reaction score
70' bumper to bumper. Boat transom hangs over about 2'.

Depending on who you ask, Colorado is either 70' or 65'.

Rides and handles great. Truck has airlift bags that I run about 35psi. Steady as a rock.

Other states we run through are usually less and in 15 years I've never been bothered. Truth be told, we were towing a 2004 10K GVWR trailer for 14 of those and just 2K worth of jetski's until 2012 when we got the boat. New trailer in 2018 and the old gal has been struggling with it all at times. Needs better tuning, RV injectors, and a built trans so it was time for something new.
If you are getting the HO, you won't regret it. I tried out both and noticed quite a difference. Aisun shifts kinda weird but I'm liking it more every day! :D

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are getting the HO, you won't regret it. I tried out both and noticed quite a difference. Aisun shifts kinda weird but I'm liking it more every day! :D

Yes, 3500 HO Limited due into the dealer NLT 3/9/20. Not a day goes by that I don't grin about the new truck coming, immediately followed by fear uncertainty and doubt that I made the right choice.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
I know it is not a 4.5 Gen but I used the 8 foot bed a bit this weekend. Don't know how I made due with a shortbed. Still used the bed extender20200314_121155.jpg

Plum Cra Zy

Reaction score
Yes, 3500 HO Limited due into the dealer NLT 3/9/20. Not a day goes by that I don't grin about the new truck coming, immediately followed by fear uncertainty and doubt that I made the right choice.
Did the new truck ever show up?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Did the new truck ever show up?

It did, exactly on 3/9, picked up 3/10, just don't yet have any decent full body pics.

Couple issues I'm not real happy with. Bed/cab alignment was grossly off. Front grill is off a bit but not too noticeable. Some issues with the interior trim. One piece improperly installed, some window sealant someone tried to clean up and half-assed it in a few spots and a bit on the back edge of the hood.

Dealer fixed bed/cab alignment but then the truck got hit (just a flare) at the dealer.

iQZBcQJ.jpg

xy8Rax5.jpg

Got the toolbox and hitch installed. There's still room for my big Robin genst in front of the hitch.

4ZO0olE.jpg

Plum Cra Zy

Reaction score
It did, exactly on 3/9, picked up 3/10, just don't yet have any decent full body pics.

Couple issues I'm not real happy with. Bed/cab alignment was grossly off. Front grill is off a bit but not too noticeable. Some issues with the interior trim. One piece improperly installed, some window sealant someone tried to clean up and half-assed it in a few spots and a bit on the back edge of the hood.

Dealer fixed bed/cab alignment but then the truck got hit (just a flare) at the dealer.

iQZBcQJ.jpg

xy8Rax5.jpg

Got the toolbox and hitch installed. There's still room for my big Robin genst in front of the hitch.

4ZO0olE.jpg

I see you have got the CORONA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay safe!

Dakrt23

Reaction score
For anyone interested there’s a 2019 megacab longbed conversion limited white 4000 miles on stretchmytruck.com

Delawhere?

Reaction score
Here’s the new rig at the dealer. Before I take delivery they installed new 285/60R20’ nitto ridge grapplers on it. Snow plow prep seems to add a little height in the front as well so no need for the level.

Attachments

• 2F53CC49-4514-4B01-AFB0-C1EEABE64DE3.jpeg
    2F53CC49-4514-4B01-AFB0-C1EEABE64DE3.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 58

Users who are viewing this thread