Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel spacers?

robbyreneeward

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking to run 295/65/20s on my Laramie. My wife runs a 2” spacer on her rig, and with the flares the stance is just a bit wide, but I’d rather be too wide than narrow. Going to run stock suspension for now. So was thinking a 1.5” or 2” spacer with the 295s so I have a stance that’s more even with the flares on my truck. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbyreneeward

Reaction score
This is with stock wheels as well, forgot to mention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highcountry

Reaction score
Spacers on an HD truck worry me a bit. Are you trying to stock wheels? I think they'll take a pretty healthy tire

Illymost

Reaction score
I think 1.5” and you have to trim your wheel studs. 2” is the thinnest without having to trim. I have a set of 2” Fred Goeske arriving in the mail today, that I’m probably going to let go of with a little discount, once I sort my setup out.

phrogman

Reaction score
I have used spacers on my other truck for many years now with no issues. Granted it was only a 1/2 ton but I rode on 20s with 35" load E tires and towed plenty with it. Just make sure you get quality spacers and not some questionable spacers from eBay or Amazon. The only issue I can say that you will have is, premature wear on your bearings.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Dually's are designed to run the factory spacers on their front suspension.

Trucks without factory spacers are not designed to run with them and will probably cause faster wear on suspension parts due to the extra leverage of spacing the wheels out.

It also happens with rims with a lot of offset, maybe not as bad as with spacers.

I've seen good quality spacers fail.

I won't run them.

Just because they make and sell them doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Most who use them are just mall crawlers anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread