Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel hop ?

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
Anyone else get mad wheel hop in 4x4? Was in some loose gravel on a slight slope and she jumped like mad. I was in 2wd until I had to swap into 4, but when I gave her some gas boy did she jump. 6.4 gas 19 big horn

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
On the gas trucks, there's an optional top shock setup that comes on the PW and/or Off-road trims you can add.

Brackets/mounts already present you just have to put in the shock.

There's a post here somewhere about it.

Blaclion

Reaction score

Bilstein sells a kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
On the gas trucks, there's an optional top shock setup that comes on the PW and/or Off-road trims you can add.

Brackets/mounts already present you just have to put in the shock.

There's a post here somewhere about it.
I have it from factory ... it helps a lot when she’s loaded up, but does nothing at all when it’s empty

D

Deleted member 80

My '15 2500 with rear coils had the snubber shock from the factory, and still hopped LIKE MAD in the sand even in 4WD.

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
My '15 2500 with rear coils had the snubber shock from the factory, and still hopped LIKE MAD in the sand even in 4WD.
I am glad that it’s not just me !

Did you manage to fix the problem?

D

Deleted member 80

I am glad that it’s not just me !

Did you manage to fix the problem?
No, I didn't do anything with it. Fortunately when I went to the dunes with the weight of the toy hauler, and low throttle input I never had a problem getting in and out of the "washes" at Glamis. But empty, and trying to accelerate, or trying to pull out a very mildly stuck Chevy, you would think it would shake the truck apart.

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
No, I didn't do anything with it. Fortunately when I went to the dunes with the weight of the toy hauler, and low throttle input I never had a problem getting in and out of the "washes" at Glamis. But empty, and trying to accelerate, or trying to pull out a very mildly stuck Chevy, you would think it would shake the truck apart.
Thanks for the reply !

teamhuff1

Reaction score
Anyone else get mad wheel hop in 4x4? Was in some loose gravel on a slight slope and she jumped like mad. I was in 2wd until I had to swap into 4, but when I gave her some gas boy did she jump. 6.4 gas 19 big horn
Mine is horrible (21 3500 mega 6.4 w/ 6.4bed) my 17 3500 crew was so bad it threw out the front drive shaft

ANUG

Reaction score
I get pretty bad hop in 4x4 sometimes. It kinda makes me worried tbh. I have the off road package too

teamhuff1

Reaction score
Both my 17 and my current 21 are bone stock . Great job towing our race trailers and boat . No complaints, but on snow it's like it wants to just get on top of the snow and violently hops like I've never seen front and back and yes , the front drive shaft came out of my 17 .

Users who are viewing this thread