Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel Balancers

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Once the OEM tires die, I'd like to change out the wheels as well and not being inexpensive, I'd rather not stick weights on them.
I see folks go for bead balancers to varying degrees of success (so many difference kinds claiming to be the best).

Has anyone seen/used these? Apparently they've been around for a while in the trucking area and looks to be a much easier proposition.
I've tried to find reviews/videos but not a whole lot out there...

Thoughts?

Centramatic Wheel Balancer

The1adman

Reaction score
I tried the Centramatic and returned them. I had a issue with Discount Tire balancing properly, so I removed the stick on weights and installed the Centramatic, they did do the job of balancing, however they were really loud at slow speeds. If you had a issue with your truck it would be impossible to hear due to the noise the Centramatic make. . I just didn't like that about them.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback...
I did notice the noise they make on the videos as they do move them arounds, but I haven't seen anything with them actually on a truck moving around to make a determination as to how loud they really are at slow speed.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I've been using bead balancers for years. Even used them in my motorcycle tires on a big bagger.
Used several different brands, just dont remember which ones. I'll be using them in the new BFG 35s I'm putting on my new truck when I get it.
I've run my trucks off road as well at speeds of 80 MPH, rough roads, air borne. No issues running them.
We run a balancing goo in our 40" off road race tires that see speeds of 150 MPH off road. The goo also works to seal punctures.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
I have used balancing beads for a few years now, and they do work.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Up to 38” tires I have had luck with air soft BBs. The heavier ones. I measured out a ziplock bag of air soft BBs and threw in each tire. Probably works on larger but that’s all I’ve tried them with on the road

You do get the noise of the BBs hitting the wheel when you slow down and they come out of their centrifugal force spot where they were hanging out. Then they quiet back down because they stay in the bottom of the tire in low speeds

but on my every day street vehicles I just let the tire shop do their job

Users who are viewing this thread