Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats your experience with 37's and factory 4.10's and an 8 speed

ironmike

Reaction score
I run 37's with stock 20's, 3.73's HO Aisin.. I gotta say, I thought i was buying a superior 37/12.5/20 tire, boy was I WRONG!!!!! I was a long time BFG customer for AT & muds. Specifically KO2 & KM2's & now the KM3's. I just got done running the 37 KM3's for about 35k miles with epic dissatisfaction! Initially when i purchased tires and installed, they could not get perfectly balanced due to OUT OF ROUND tires. I even installed balance rings and it helped but not to satisfaction. I ended up returning 3 of the set to also receive another out of round set... Super frustrating! So they balanced out a little better but still with annoying vibration, so i just ran them. Super loud on the road at end of life... Forward to today and finally swapped bfg for TOYO RT/TRAILS. What an AMAZING difference!!! These in my opinion are the best 37's to run!! Perfectly balanced from the start, extremely quiet on the road for a 37. I am having great experience with them and transmission. No searching or lugging for gears. I wish mpg was little better but it does not matter at all to me..15 city 18 hwy...

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
They don’t wander but if the road surface is tilted one way or the other they will definitely try and steer themselves in that direction.

Ah. Yeah, my stock tires need some steady input on any crown. When I go to 35" I am thinking to try the Thuren alignment specs.

Enve46

Reaction score
What changed with the steering? Just heavier feel or wandering or what?
Heavier for sure. Going wider tires makes sense why it would. Not in a bad way though. And yes it’ll grab that crown in the road, but none of this really bothers me. Now, I put 295s squared on my RS7 a few years ago and that thing would grab the crown so bad cause both sides would fight each other. Quite interesting when WOT with 700+hp

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread