Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$$$ What to expect to pay for a new 2019 over a new 2018 similarly equipped (3500 drw diesel)?

Green_mtnMan

Reaction score
There are many theories about steel tariffs being more fully realized in 19 (although they should have been realized with the 18's as well); more expensive CGI engine block, more expensive transmission (8 spd).... etc. I would love to hear from some that follow HD truck stuff more than I, on what 'historically' the bump in price is year to year & generation to generation... my budget is about 50K to get into a tradesman work truck that is equipped to tow mid 20's K. I just don't know if my budget is going to get blown to the 60K mark waiting for a 19 similarly equipped. It's all speculation at this point (I think), however, there are some out there that would likely have more educated opinions on pricing than myself... Tks

MyFavreInABox

Reaction score
I’m also interested in this but I don’t have much knowledge of what to expect. I speculate MSRP shouldn’t go up significantly, maybe 3% or so. Ram (and everyone else) puts extreme pressure on suppliers to deliver better product at less cost so I wouldn’t assume the upgrades are significantly more expensive. That said, discounts on the new model are not likely to be as good as the outgoing model, at least initially.

Related note: some of the new Silverado 1500 trims actually start at a lower price than the outgoing model. Hopefully they can pull that off on the HD models as well - keep things competitive.

Users who are viewing this thread