Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What kind of cool things can you do with AlfaOBD ?

OuterUB

Reaction score
Sorry if this is already out there but I couldn't find a list per se.

kevin588127

Reaction score
So far, I've done the fogs on with the high beams, enabled the gear indicator to show what gear you are in and set my TPMS sensors to a lower threshold. Eventually I will be using it to turn on the cargo cam option but I will be using it for a grill mounted, forward facing camera. I was also going to use it to change tire size when the time comes but that may be handled with the pulsar that I just installed.

OuterUB

Reaction score
I like the high beams and gear indicator thing..... very cool.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
All the above, and adjusted tire size. Also turned off the Cali/Miss. nanny that wont let me have the LED aux light in the mirrors on when moving in reverse. :rolleyes: :mad:

Still looking into raising the speed nanny as well. I hate it when you go to pass someone and the speed nanny kicks in at 96 MPH. :rolleyes:

CFE

Reaction score
Is there a list/cheat sheet with all of the things we can do w/ alphaobd?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score

jsalbre

Reaction score
All the above, and adjusted tire size. Also turned off the Cali/Miss. nanny that wont let me have the LED aux light in the mirrors on when moving in reverse. :rolleyes: :mad:

Still looking into raising the speed nanny as well. I hate it when you go to pass someone and the speed nanny kicks in at 96 MPH. :rolleyes:
That will require an ECM tune unfortunately. It’s set from the factory based on the originally equipped tires’ speed rating.

CFE

Reaction score

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
That will require an ECM tune unfortunately. It’s set from the factory based on the originally equipped tires’ speed rating.
I see the setting in Alfa. Haven't tried changing it yet. Not sure if anyone else has tried. It's a bunch of numbers, I think tire rpms, not actual speed.

OuterUB

Reaction score

buzzuti

Reaction score
FWIW, no surprise, there is an FB group that looks to be very active, Ram AlphaODB Users;
If you're into that FB thingy...

Reactions: CFE

CFE

Reaction score
FWIW, no surprise, there is an FB group that looks to be very active, Ram AlphaODB Users;
If you're into that FB thingy...

only reason i even have fb anymore is for the marketplace and bourbon/ram groups

jsalbre

Reaction score
I see the setting in Alfa. Haven't tried changing it yet. Not sure if anyone else has tried. It's a bunch of numbers, I think tire rpms, not actual speed.
Several people on cumminsforum and on some of the other forums have tried changing that and ended up with it setting itself to 0, requiring a new PCM to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread