Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to rich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b307a1

Reaction score
I haven't visited here in a while and started looking thru some threads and see that ol' RIch is now a "Banned Member". I take it that he hurt someone's feelings?

b307a1

Reaction score
Randolph Scott?....he was a member of HD RAMS? I guess this forum goes way back!

Last edited:

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Interesting. I don't remember a thread that got really out of hand. Fortunately, there are not many threads that do on this forum.

geektoad

Reaction score
So I assume Brutal is staying out of this because what's done is done, but I'll give my perspective as another user who was here through that period of time

* Rich was indeed one of the most active members on the site...in fact *the* most active.
* Rich never said something in 10 words if he could say it in 1000 instead. (not a crime, but also not helpful and usually confusing)
* Rich was often giving wrong information and blathering his wrong information over and over ignoring people that actually knew what they were talking about.
* Rich seemed to really want people think he was a master negotiator and always got the best deal. (hint: he wasn't and didn't)
* Rich constantly ignored the owners manual and all other documentation, didn't understand how something was supposed to work, then railed about how FCA screwed him and he was going to scream to FCA until they listened to him and fixed the world. Always a crusade.
* Rich blathered all over topics with whatever he chose to rant about whether it had anything to do with the topic of the thread or not. That makes forums hard to read. I've been on and running forums for 20 years, and frankly, this was the biggest offense Rich committed. That ruins a forum if left unchecked.
* Rich was asked nicely *repeatedly*, and warned nicely *repeatedly* to stop the behaviors that made him a bit of a pest. Instead of listening and learning, he responded with "this is the way I want to use the forum" for a while, then switched to "oh whoa is me, I'm being persecuted" and whining like a baby about it.
* Rich was given a gentle timeout (probably more than one) before he was banned and still chose to just do whatever he wanted to do.

To sum up:

*Rich was exhausting.

I for one am not sad to see him gone. I was getting to the point where I would ignore threads if i saw he was the last to respond.

Feel free to delete this if it's over the line but people asked, and I'm not interested in having it made out like Rich was somehow bullied off this site for no reason.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
So I assume Brutal is staying out of this because what's done is done, but I'll give my perspective as another user who was here through that period of time

* Rich was indeed one of the most active members on the site...in fact *the* most active.
* Rich never said something in 10 words if he could say it in 1000 instead. (not a crime, but also not helpful and usually confusing)
* Rich was often giving wrong information and blathering his wrong information over and over ignoring people that actually knew what they were talking about.
* Rich seemed to really want people think he was a master negotiator and always got the best deal. (hint: he wasn't and didn't)
* Rich constantly ignored the owners manual and all other documentation, didn't understand how something was supposed to work, then railed about how FCA screwed him and he was going to scream to FCA until they listened to him and fixed the world. Always a crusade.
* Rich blathered all over topics with whatever he chose to rant about whether it had anything to do with the topic of the thread or not. That makes forums hard to read. I've been on and running forums for 20 years, and frankly, this was the biggest offense Rich committed. That ruins a forum if left unchecked.
* Rich was asked nicely *repeatedly*, and warned nicely *repeatedly* to stop the behaviors that made him a bit of a pest. Instead of listening and learning, he responded with "this is the way I want to use the forum" for a while, then switched to "oh whoa is me, I'm being persecuted" and whining like a baby about it.
* Rich was given a gentle timeout (probably more than one) before he was banned and still chose to just do whatever he wanted to do.

To sum up:

*Rich was exhausting.

I for one am not sad to see him gone. I was getting to the point where I would ignore threads if i saw he was the last to respond.

Feel free to delete this if it's over the line but people asked, and I'm not interested in having it made out like Rich was somehow bullied off this site for no reason.

Good points, Although I believe a derailed thread here and or there can be entertaining.!

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I'd have to assume there was quite a bit that went on behind the curtains that we didn't observe.

I've moderated and administered forums in the past and it is a tedious task. I appreciate all of the time and effort spent by Brutal, DevilDodge, and I'm sure others that I've never noticed, all to keep things civilized and as on point as possible. So if it was determined that a specific member needed to be banned, I'll assume their reasoning was fair and it was done in the best interest of the forum.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Good synopsis. I'll admit I am just a bit curious about the final straw that broke the camel's back.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
I spoke to @Rich a couple of weeks ago on the phone and he told me he was banned until the first of Dec or Jan, he said he couldn't remember.

I hope the powers to be haven't changed their mind again.

Rich means well but walks to a different tune than a lot of people here and I think that may have been what got him. When he joined the forum, he ruffled my feathers but, once I started to understand him, he is really a good guy and means well and sometimes he may not understand some thangs and and asks more questions than most to try to understand, I guess some people couldn't understand that.

This forum is not the same with him sitting on the side line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread