Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does the wife have to say about your Ram?

ZFORCE

Reaction score
Well the wife asked me a question when I was talking about all the mods that you could do to a Ram…She asked me, ”Why would you want a truck that sputters and you have to pay a dollar a gallon more for gas?”

Wow, how do I even begin? I didn’t. Why bother trying to explain why a diesel is desirable!

All I could say was, how do you explain why you have to change your hair color, your hair style and why you’re going to cut your hair now and in a few months you’ll be growing it long again!

unclelala

Reaction score
My wife looks at my truck as a necessary evil that we have to pull HER 5th wheel around ... the only interest she showed in it was she definitely wanted the night edition and not the chrome.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
My wife is only interested in how comfortable the dash is on her bare or stocking feet.

Grrr...

(keep telling here that if we plow into something, she's going to regret splitting her pelvis in 2 at her advanced age. ROFL.

ZFORCE

Reaction score
Here’s some other things she has said to me:

Why don’t you wait a month before you start modifying your truck?-
Because she thinks I made the wrong decision buying the Ram, and I will come to my senses and sell it!

Why do you need new tires, these still look good?-
Because I bought the Ram with 11,200 miles, and she doesn’t understand why I wanted bigger tires!

You’re addicted.-
She has a point!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The wife loves driving the Rams. She really misses the 05 with straight pipes and manual. I could hear her rowing the gears under boost from miles away. She also thinks my tractorz sexy. ;)

Close friend's wife loves driving his 94 12V manual - she pulls the boat when he pulls the 5th wheel. She has zero desire to drive his 08 auto.

She's damn good at backing the boat or a horse trailer too.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
She likes it because it’s on/off road manners are not conducive to zooming around like the last so it doesn’t and for it’s lack of revving (8 speed) and exhaust noise while towing up grades, less drama for Mama…. loves her second/upper glove compartment while up front and the heated seats in the back.

ppine

Reaction score
I have been with the same woman for 25 years but we are not married. We have separate finances. Mostly she just says "nice truck. "

techman

Reaction score

What does the wife have to say about your Ram?​

She loves OUR Ram and I would never refer to her as "the wife". Happily married for 27 years.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My wife likes the truck. She has never really had an issue with any of my cummins trucks over the many years but When i bought the 19 she was quite happy because of the bigger crew cab and nicer rider, she only wants to use the 19 when we go places instead of the 01 or the recently sold 05 all of my previous cummins trucks have been straight piped ans she hated them as they were reg cabs and full on work trucks. Now the 19 is deleted but with a muffler she is much happier lol.

ZFORCE

Reaction score
The better half, said to day that I am a Ramaholic, then proceeded to call me Ramsesed. I admit that my new hobby is to read and implement Ram upgrades galore! I am also guilty of obsessively talking about the Ram! I admit that these Rams are easily upgradeable and with the continual escalation in prices, well worth it!

rupert

Reaction score
I had to to help her understand why a bigger truck was better for towing the rv. She finally asked me the night before we were going to pick it up "what color is it"? When she saw it she said, That's a nice truck. It's the granite gray night edition. She just hopes she never has to drive it, says it's to big for her.

Users who are viewing this thread