Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Def are you using in your Diesel?

joeycamp

Reaction score
Can someone decipher this date code if it is a date code because I can’t find anything similar. I just picked it up and I’ll bring it back If this is really three years old. The sticker on the box has it arriving at the OnCue station February 3 this year.

Attachments

• 11B19B22-7606-4F68-B818-80AF9DFDB7C0.jpeg
    11B19B22-7606-4F68-B818-80AF9DFDB7C0.jpeg
    351.2 KB · Views: 30

unclelala

Reaction score
Can someone decipher this date code if it is a date code because I can’t find anything similar. I just picked it up and I’ll bring it back If this is really three years old. The sticker on the box has it arriving at the OnCue station February 3 this year.
Read recently that Peak Blue has changed their date codes. Looking at that stamping it doesn't make any sense to me. All Im getting lately around here is Air 1 so I phone them and they sent my their date chart, maybe find a 1 800 number on the box and call them up to explain it to you.

Last edited:

jeffn

Reaction score
I’m a first time diesel owner. Just got my 2023 Ram 5500 SLT Cab Chassis and after doing some research I am pretty sure I want to use Peak Blue Def Platinum for my Ram. What are your opinions on using Regular Vs Platinum if you have used both?
I’ve seen the def injector stays very clean using the more expensive Def.
Like you, I live in a hot climate and heat is brutal on DEF. I have to drain my tractor DEF tank out every 3 months or it starts to crystallize. For my truck, I buy it at Loves when I fill up. I will also go to Walmart and Tractor Supply because they seem to turn over inventory pretty fast. All DEF is the same, the box is marketing.

darrellr

Reaction score
To me it reads 08-12-2022.

sn_85

Reaction score
The Costco stuff, they carry Blue DEF. $13 for 2.5gal case.

Users who are viewing this thread