Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What components for a good level?

dmmayo

Reaction score
My first post!

I have an 18 Laramie that I want to level and improve the ride on. Carli or Thuren are the obvious choice and front springs with all 4 shocks and a track bar. The question is, swaybar? Any control arms, rear shocks, drop brackets?

Thanks!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My first post!

I have an 18 Laramie that I want to level and improve the ride on. Carli or Thuren are the obvious choice and front springs with all 4 shocks and a track bar. The question is, swaybar? Any control arms, rear shocks, drop brackets?

Thanks!
Lose the front sway bar it makes the ride so much better

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Really? I don't think that is the best option?
I have been doing for over 20 years on my rams a few others have done the same here, it makes a big difference especially if you dont stick to the highways…. You could run an aftermarket sway bar if you feel more comfortable its just preference the rear sway bar is still in place on all of the trucks i have and they have no ill effects i have found in 20 years of doing so

dmmayo

Reaction score
I have been doing for over 20 years on my rams a few others have done the same here, it makes a big difference especially if you dont stick to the highways…. You could run an aftermarket sway bar if you feel more comfortable its just preference the rear sway bar is still in place on all of the trucks i have and they have no ill effects i have found in 20 years of doing so

I would assume the body roll would be excessive?

joelp

Reaction score
at least on 19 factory swaybar sucks. just did a thuren. after reading this, wish i would've just removed it altogether for a bit. helz' recommendation is a solid one... i can feel the rear one now that the front one is replaced

woody284

Reaction score
I’m on the fence, I did the Traxda 1 inch front spacer. It’s not a full level but took enough rake out for me. The reason I’m on the fence is I started researching reverse level options. I really want to remove the spacer then airbag the rear (6.4 with coils). It’s the leap of faith for the money that’s holding me back. I’ve heard the ride is much improved on the bags as well.

Users who are viewing this thread