Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What’s it worth 2021

SL1

Reaction score
We have sold our travel trailer and are going a different direction so I won’t be needing my ram anymore and have decided to sell locally in Texas. It’s a 2021 ram 4x4 2500 lonestar(bighorn). Patriot blue in perfect shape with only 17500 miles. Used only for pulling for the most part. Runs like a top and has never had an issue. My question is what is a fair price for a private party sale.? I have seen the dealers prices all over the place From 50k to 70k.
thanks in advance.

RichM752

Reaction score
I dont know anything, but maybe ask what you paid for it?

SL1

Reaction score
Thats been my thought as well so far.

Clayinfl

Reaction score
Run it through carvana and kbb cash offer. That will give you a very firm baseline value because you know you can get that much. Plus it avoids the hassle of private sale.

SL1

Reaction score
Thank Clay! Thats what I’ll do, I like hassle free.

Dave01

Reaction score
Are you buying another vehicle from a dealer? I know the general rule of thumb is you can get more in a private sale, but dealers have wanted heavy trucks and they might surprise you. And nothing is more hassle free than trading a car. Just a thought.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Are you buying another vehicle from a dealer? I know the general rule of thumb is you can get more in a private sale, but dealers have wanted heavy trucks and they might surprise you. And nothing is more hassle free than trading a car. Just a thought.

Also factor in the sales taxes you'll save if you are buying another vehicle to replace it. Sometimes it can be worth the lower trade in price when you factor in the tax savings as compared to what you might get private party once you run the numbers.

I've also seen alot of sweetheart deals if you've got something in demand to have a dealer "buy back". I've done it myself when I was looking to unload something in high demand that dealers were struggling to get into inventory such as my last challenger where the dealer paid me more than I originally paid for it. I basically drove a nicely loaded SPS for 4 years on the weekends for free after I did the math on that deal lol.

SL1

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Great advise. I’ll see how it pans out cost wise. Thanks for all the ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread