Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well....the truck WAS perfect.....(need a new bumper due to dishonest people)

BurnMac42

Reaction score
A few days ago I was walking out of Sam's with my daughter and noticed a red car with two people sitting in it. The way they were looking at me made me somehow notched itself in the subconscious part of my brain. I even had the thought that something was "off" the way they were looking......well in hindsight wish I would have had the mind to look the truck over because I came out of the house the next day to find this:

20230324_134512.jpg
20230324_134504.jpg

Their car was red and now in hindsight I realize they were watching me to see if I noticed that they had hit my truck....ugh......

So now I'm debating, do I just get a stock replacement OR do you guys have some recommendations on aftermarket ones that look/function well for our truck?

chas0218

Reaction score
I park so far away from other cars in the parking lot i walk for a minute before i make it to the doors. I am also a d!#k and take up 2 spots the one behind and in front. I'm long as it is but i don't stick out any further than i have to

Firebird

Reaction score
I park so far away from other cars in the parking lot i walk for a minute before i make it to the doors. I am also a d!#k and take up 2 spots the one behind and in front. I'm long as it is but i don't stick out any further than i have to
I too park in the back 40, and since I have a dually, it won't fit in most spaces anyhow

Splzhaul

Reaction score
I can completely understand so many people are just scum. I am trading in my 21 mega 3500 limited and I park in the north 40 as well. I come out yesterday from the store and I always back in the spot and yesterday I did not. Lo and behold I come out to find my rear bumper was hit and no one around. So now I will either have to fix it or take a hit for my damage to it. Man I only wish people would have integrity still. I can’t wait to get my 23 now more so then ever. I hate having a dented truck.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
there are real steel front bumpers that look nice and would definitely put a lick on some lil’ red car available for less than $600.
Looks as if your recovery “hook” might have earned it’s keep, punished em’ a bit…

Truckman

Reaction score
Its a damn shame you can't have anything nice. Did you try buffing it out? looks like that may clean up ok.

CTF2019

Reaction score
^+1

Clay bar and buffing will probably the blemishes out. Then you just replace the broken plastic trim, or you can glue it together and reattach it.‍♂️

jetrinka

Reaction score
Sorry OP that sucks. Like @H3LZSN1P3R said - a lack of integrity with todays society is a real problem.

b307a1

Reaction score
A few days ago I was walking out of Sam's with my daughter and noticed a red car with two people sitting in it. The way they were looking at me made me somehow notched itself in the subconscious part of my brain. I even had the thought that something was "off" the way they were looking......well in hindsight wish I would have had the mind to look the truck over because I came out of the house the next day to find this:

View attachment 54003
View attachment 54004

Their car was red and now in hindsight I realize they were watching me to see if I noticed that they had hit my truck....ugh......

So now I'm debating, do I just get a stock replacement OR do you guys have some recommendations on aftermarket ones that look/function well for our truck?
Did you report it the Sam's Club people? Their surveillance cams should have picked it up.

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
Clay bar and detailing will likely get it back to nearly as new.

Hit & Runs suck, and the people who do them are often judgment proof as they own nothing and are more or less transient. No license, no insurance, etc. There are exceptions, of course, but its a PITA.

Stores typically won't share video surveillance with anyone other than law enforcement, and its getting more common for them to want a warrant or court order even for that if the store isn't a party to the issue (ie shoplifting or robbery). Unless you're in a small town, the odds of a property damage hit and run even being assigned a detective are nearly zero. Too many cases, not enough detectives. Locally unless there's serious injury or an already known suspect it's just a NOAD case. (NO Assigned Detective)

Mulely

Reaction score
If you decide to keep the bumper, you have to pull it off to replace that lower grill insert.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Riddick

Reaction score
Hopefully its just the angle of the pic but it looks like the drivers side bumper is lower than the passenger side. You can easily buff the red paint off with a mild polish but the bottom apart its hard to see how bad the paint is.

Users who are viewing this thread