Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weak cold start

MobyDick

Reaction score
Who else has weak start ups? Even the wife has noticed saying “why does it sound that way” or “did the truck just have a issue starting up”. It’s like it just “rolls” over and doesn’t have a strong. Very weak sounding and feeling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
My guess is too many computers controlling it and trying to start it as gently as it can. Just do what my wife does and remote start it and if its still running when she goes outside it’s good to go:rolleyes:. If it’s not running then I hear about it:mad: But seriously it does start differently than my 12 or my 05 did.

Squatch

Reaction score
I haven’t really noticed, but this is also my first hemi. Mine seems to let out a pretty good roar every time I start it, my daughter, who’s four, complains that it hurts her ears. What’s the temp outside when you start it? I’m sitting about 50 F typically lately, so not exactly cold at all.

MobyDick

Reaction score
When I say cold start I’m referring to once the trucks sits all day say a 8 hour work day

Reaction score
My '17 with a muffler delete definitley doesn't have that problem. Pretty sure everyone within a mile radius knows when that thing starts up.

MobyDick

Reaction score
Something I’ve noticed... after the truck sits for awhile the voltage reading on the cluster is saying 12.2. Not sure how accurate it is but while starting it dips into the high 11’s. After driving the truck, the voltage reads 12.6 with the engine off

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Nope..starts right up...check the battery?

MobyDick

Reaction score
Nope..starts right up...check the battery?

Mine still starts no problem. But instead of “popping” off it kinda rolls over. Really weak

Users who are viewing this thread