Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WDH set up

SL1

Reaction score
Im about 1/2 inch lower in the front of my travel trailer than the back with the wdh set up and it appears to be pulling good and seem stable. Truck measure good in the front(within 1/4) and about 1.5 low in the rear. Would adding another washer to the pitch of the hitch fix this or should I let enough alone? How close to level does the trailer pull best?
Thanks in advance for your input.

Frank

Reaction score
The chain link is what matters. Adding a washer effectively lengthens the chains and takes tension off the bars. Follow the process, which will likely require adding a washer or two, until the front is at 0" to +1/4". Being -1/2" you've pushed too much forward.

04KAT600

Reaction score
Personally if the truck and trailer are riding good I'd leave things alone. Your measurements are almost identical to my set up and it rides great so I haven't felt the need to mess with it.

Reactions: SL1

Users who are viewing this thread