Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water leak

scout110

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues wirh water leaking from the cab lights? Waiting on new seals from dealer, still no answer if they are replacing the headliner.

woody284

Reaction score
Not sure where from more than likely rear cab brake light but I had and have water circles on my headliner above the back seats. Dealer said they fixed the issue and cleaned the headliner. I’m not sure if the old spot came back through or if it’s still leaking. I have the tan headliner. It never feels wet.

Scvette

Reaction score
Mine has been to the dealer twice and they cannot find the leak. It drips from the grab handle on the drivers side. I’ve shown them video and they said they have to replicate the leak before they can do anything. They have a spray bar thing they park it under and it hasn’t leaked when they do that. I’ll be bringing it back in again until they do something.
Has anyone had issues wirh water leaking from the cab lights? Waiting on new seals from dealer, still no answer if they are replacing the headliner.

scout110

Reaction score
Mine has been to the dealer twice and they cannot find the leak. It drips from the grab handle on the drivers side. I’ve shown them video and they said they have to replicate the leak before they can do anything. They have a spray bar thing they park it under and it hasn’t leaked when they do that. I’ll be bringing it back in again until they do something.
That is aggravating. Mine is leaking right in front of the sunglass holder on the headliner. Doesn't leak wirh every rain though.

MichiganPW

Reaction score
It won’t leak under the spray bar or when it’s raining/carwash.

It’s frost build up on the inside of the roof. When you drive the truck or as the sun warms the roof it melts and drips out the handle and or sunglasses holder areas.
I have attached pictures of the inner roof from the cab mounted brake light. It looks like an ice cave when the conditions are right.

Attachments

• IMG_2404.jpeg
    IMG_2404.jpeg
    427.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2396.jpeg
    IMG_2396.jpeg
    594.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2402.jpeg
    IMG_2402.jpeg
    526.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2403.jpeg
    IMG_2403.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Pasta4lnch

Reaction score
I have a pretty bad leak in my 1500. Went nuts trying to fix/clean the head liner. About to trade it in for my HD and was fearing a huge repair bill when I got a recall letter. I'd check into that before going nuts...

Scvette

Reaction score
Mine leaks when it rains. I don’t think they’re spray bar simulates a hard rain cause they’ve done it twice and not got it to leak.
It won’t leak under the spray bar or when it’s raining/carwash.

It’s frost build up on the inside of the roof. When you drive the truck or as the sun warms the roof it melts and drips out the handle and or sunglasses holder areas.
I have attached pictures of the inner roof from the cab mounted brake light. It looks like an ice cave when the conditions are right.

RiverRunner

Reaction score
I'm going through this with my 2008 right now. If leaking through the grab handles, I think your front drains for the sunroof are plugged. There are little nipples below the front door hinges. You should try to open up the nipple with a bent rod of some sort. When you open up the drain nipple, water should/may drain out - might fix the problem. be careful using compressed air to open the drains - could separate the hoses under the headliner......Be Brave!

Scvette

Reaction score
Leaked from the 1st rain that hit the truck from new. Now there’s 3 places it’s leaking inside. Going to a specialty shop after new years. Hopefully they’ll be able to find where it’s coming from.
I'm going through this with my 2008 right now. If leaking through the grab handles, I think your front drains for the sunroof are plugged. There are little nipples below the front door hinges. You should try to open up the nipple with a bent rod of some sort. When you open up the drain nipple, water should/may drain out - might fix the problem. be careful using compressed air to open the drains - could separate the hoses under the headliner......Be Brave!

Boaterjake

Reaction score
If you have a sunroof I would bet that’s where the leak is. My 21 2500 had been to the dealer 4 times and then I took it to a dealer 100 miles down the road and they fix it the first time.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Exact reason why I would never buy a vehicle with a sunroof. Expensive repairs and leaks

scout110

Reaction score
I have taken my 2022 3500 to the dealer 3 times for this issue. They replacaed the cab light seals, the radio seal and now they tell me it is a spot weld leaking from behind the windshield. They are taking the truck to a body shop to have the windshield removed and the spot weld re welded and painted then re-seal and install the windshield. We will see if it works.

Scvette

Reaction score
So the last time I took it in they said they fixed the leak, they say it was the back window. Next rain it was leaking again and they said it’s the rear window and showed me, well the spot they showed me is about 4” lower than where the water was dripping inside. My leak comes from the speaker behind the drivers seat and also from the phone speaker right above the driver seat and the grab handle on drivers side. They brought it back in and say they found it and they are now putting in a new sunroof. Hopefully that’s it.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
If anyone is experiencing concerns with their respective vehicle, we implore you to send us a private message. Our team would like to see where we can assist and potentially provide a solution for the given concerns. Thank you everyone.

Chris,
Ram Cares

scout110

Reaction score
So the last time I took it in they said they fixed the leak, they say it was the back window. Next rain it was leaking again and they said it’s the rear window and showed me, well the spot they showed me is about 4” lower than where the water was dripping inside. My leak comes from the speaker behind the drivers seat and also from the phone speaker right above the driver seat and the grab handle on drivers side. They brought it back in and say they found it and they are now putting in a new sunroof. Hopefully that’s it.
When is it getting looked at again?

I have another appointment the 22nd of April.

Scvette

Reaction score
They installed new glass in the sunroof. Haven’t had rain since so not sure if that fixed it. I’ll report back after the next good rain we get.
When is it getting looked at again?

I have another appointment the 22nd of April.

KTRAM22

Reaction score
I’ve been dealing with leaks for almost a year now on my 2022 Ram 3500. First it was soaked in the drivers side rear corner of my headliner. Went out with a water hose and determined it was a faulty 3rd brake light seal. Took it to the dealer, they kept the truck 2 weeks and replaced the 3rd brake light. That issue was fixed. Then I noticed my carpet was damp next to my passenger side rear door sill plate. Removed the plate and it was full of water. Took it back to the dealership and they had the truck for 3 weeks, said it was determined to be faulty sunroof drains. They replaced the drains, I picked up the truck and about 2 weeks later had another hard rain, lo and behold it was soaked in that channel again.. contacted the dealer again and they said it would be a few weeks before they could get the truck in and they would need it for several weeks to “diagnose” the issue. I ended up not taking it back to them due to my truck being with them several weeks with nothing resolved and figured I would just “live with it” as long as it wasn’t my headliner getting ruined and etc. Fast forward to today, we have a major storm rolling through here in the Panhandle of Florida, went out to my truck after it being in the hard rain for around 3 hours and found water pouring out of my rear drivers side roof speaker into the rear seat, water dripping from my drivers side A-Pillar handle/grab bar, drivers side roof phone speaker and the whole rear passenger side door trim plate channel is full of water causing the carpet to be soaked. This is a nightmare. $100k+ truck and this is the quality you get!? I immediately went to the dealer and showed them the issues, I’m dropping the truck off tomorrow with them to “try and fix the problem”. This is my first Ram that I’ve owned, I’ve had several Fords and GMC’s and never any issues with water leaks. I’m considering this being my last Ram as well!

Users who are viewing this thread