Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water Leak??

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
It appears my 2020 Ram 2500 6.4L with 69,000 may be leaking water...Noticed a softball size spot on the driveway this morning. It was dark so I can only assume it is water as it really didn't seem to have a color or much of a smell. Also seems like something is spraying my windshield as I drive down the highway. Obviously, I will investigate further when I get home tonight. Any preliminary thoughts or like experiences any of you can share.

flan

Reaction score
It appears my 2020 Ram 2500 6.4L with 69,000 may be leaking water...Noticed a softball size spot on the driveway this morning. It was dark so I can only assume it is water as it really didn't seem to have a color or much of a smell. Also seems like something is spraying my windshield as I drive down the highway. Obviously, I will investigate further when I get home tonight. Any preliminary thoughts or like experiences any of you can share.
Where abouts do you see it under the truck?

DammitDave

Reaction score
I popped the hood on my 2020 2500 the other day to look for a possible leak and I bet at least a pint of water drained out both corners of my hood once it was raised. No puddles since.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
I popped the hood on my 2020 2500 the other day to look for a possible leak and I bet at least a pint of water drained out both corners of my hood once it was raised. No puddles since.

Yes sir, just opened my hood and had this happen...I think this explains the water on windshield. First time my hood filled up.

flan

Reaction score
Center of truck maybe a foot or 18" from the front of engine. It may be related to an a/c as it doesn't appear to have leaked today.
Ok if it was humid overnight maybe it just didn’t evaporate.

flan

Reaction score
What color is the coolant in the Hemi? Do they get the purple as well?

BamaOEF

Reaction score
Pretty much sure it is coming from the water pump...Looks like a PITA to replace!!
Replaced my water pump back when my 2007 1500 Hemi was still under the Power Train Warranty. Then found out it was covered by warranty. duh. Call your dealer and ask if it is covered.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
Replaced my water pump back when my 2007 1500 Hemi was still under the Power Train Warranty. Then found out it was covered by warranty. duh. Call your dealer and ask if it is covered.
I am over the 60,000 mile power train warranty, but thanks for pointing this out

Users who are viewing this thread