Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water leak into cab

scout110

Reaction score
My 2022 ram 3500 back at the dealer for the 4th attempt to fix a water leak. Truck has less than 10k miles on it and has been leaking since new. The dealer sub contracted it out to have a body shop repair it and they said the windshield was leaking. They had a windshield company come reseal the windshield after taking the headliner out and verifying the leak. I went to pick it up after repairs and it was raining. When I opened the door the floorboard was soaked again. The dealer took it back to the body shop and they said a new leak formed at a cab light. They used the same sealant they used on my windshield on the leaky cab light. This seems like it should have had a gasket so I could change the bulb in the future. Thoughts?

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
sounds like you'll have a fully siliconed truck before they find the root cause.

what dealer is this?

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
it's either a cab light or third brake light. or the body was tweaked somehow during build but it wouldn't have passed the water test.

they did check / replace 3rd light?

the cab lights are led units and do not have a replaceable "light".

scout110

Reaction score
It started where the 4x4 floor shifter would fill with water from leak by rear view mirror. Then it moved to a puddle on the passenger floor the last 3 times. They have not said anything about the 3rd brake light. Every time they said they saw obvious leak. They had the headliner out and leak tested. So that's what they told me. Said it's ready again but they couldn't tell me if they checked it after the repairs. They were supposed to check and call back but I never got that call. I will see what tomorrow brings. My other worry is down the road what issues will I have from all the water that won't be covered by warranty.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
that's a tough one. once they stop throwing sealant at the symptoms and solve the problem, I'd for sure get some fans on the interior.

did you hear anything back yet?

scout110

Reaction score
I'm supposed to get it back tomorrow. The weather will be nice so I will leave all 4.doors open to air out good. Fingers crossed.

scout110

Reaction score
Just got the truck back and went straight to the car wash. Still leaking. Seems to be wet under the dash near the passenger kick panel.

Attachments

• 20240328_120319.jpg
    20240328_120319.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240325_184608.jpg
    20240325_184608.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 18

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
pull the glove box out and see what you see.. unless you've done that already.

scout110

Reaction score
I did. Looked dry. I didn't dig into it. Just looked quick with a flashlight. They want the truck back again. 5th time now.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
that's certainly an excessive amount of visits to repair. good luck, keep the thread updated. interested if the dealer figures it out.

edit - not sire if they could help but maybe @RamCares can assist in some way with escalation.

scout110

Reaction score
Thanks. I will. They get one more chance and I'm going to another dealership. Maybe a fresh set of eyes will see something.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Thanks. I will. They get one more chance and I'm going to another dealership. Maybe a fresh set of eyes will see something.
We are sorry to hear that this has been your experience, Scout. Should you decide to seek service at another dealership, our team would be more than happy to provide assistance while your vehicle is being repaired. Just send us a private message with more details of what you're experiencing, so we can further assist you.

Chris,
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread