Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warning check service ABS, air bag, Trailer brakes

copperman

Reaction score
So two weeks ago ABS, Air Bag, Trailer brakes warning message came across screen. Has done it two more times and the last time "service shifter" message also came across. When I shut the truck off to try and reset, the shifter nob wouldn't shift out of Park when I restarted. After letting truck sit for awhile I could shift into drive, A check engine light came on and stayed on. Dealer has scanned it twice now and stated that its losing communication with computer. Appt set for November 27 for service. Its a 22 Tradesman 6,4 Any experience similar issue. Truck only has 8,500 miles on it

copperman

Reaction score
So two weeks ago ABS, Air Bag, Trailer brakes warning message came across screen. Has done it two more times and the last time "service shifter" message also came across. When I shut the truck off to try and reset, the shifter nob wouldn't shift out of Park when I restarted. After letting truck sit for awhile I could shift into drive, A check engine light came on and stayed on. Dealer has scanned it twice now and stated that its losing communication with computer. Appt set for November 27 for service. Its a 22 Tradesman 6,4 Any experience similar issue. Truck only has 8,500 miles on it
no one?

copperman

Reaction score

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
So see what they say on Monday, sounds like a ground issue or loose/broken wire

Grey

Reaction score
Pop the hood and check your fuse box, I found on mine many of the fuses were not completely seated. I just took a screw driver and gave each a good push down, quite a few were not down all the way. Dealer told me these trucks are shipped with only a few fuses installed, Dealer installs most, safety/shipping thing I guess.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Pop the hood and check your fuse box, I found on mine many of the fuses were not completely seated. I just took a screw driver and gave each a good push down, quite a few were not down all the way. Dealer told me these trucks are shipped with only a few fuses installed, Dealer installs most, safety/shipping thing I guess.
The dealer is incorrect and i would be leary bring my vehicle to them if they are willing to lie about something so mundane the fuses are installed from the factory the robot that installs them does not insert them far enough.

Rueblj

Reaction score
Did you get any answers on this issue? I just had the same thing happen to me the other day and then again today. I kept an eye on temp and battery gauges while the warning lights were on and then after about 10 minutes it went back to normal except check engine light stayed on. I should note that check engine light was already on due to a thermostat issue that has already been taken care of.

Users who are viewing this thread