Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vroom timeline

Riddick

Reaction score
With the majority of people on here purchasing 2022 models I wanted to do a timeline for my Vroom transaction. I imagine most of you will be getting rid of your current vehicle so hopefully this helps. Below is my timeline with selling my previous truck to Vroom.

3 Nov 21 - Logged on Vroom and entered my vehicle information to receive a quote. I had the quote in my inbox within seconds of submitting. The offer was to good to pass up so I decided to accept it. At this time I uploaded copies of my license, registration, title, and maybe a shot of my odometer.... not 100% on the last one. Later this evening I received my digital documents to sign. They also notified me they were going to overnight me documents to wet sign and return along with my signed title.

8 Nov 21 - There was a delay on there end on shipping the documents to me, they shipped them on the 5th which was a Friday. I received the docs on the 8th and signed them and overnighted them back to Vroom.

9 Nov 21 - I decided to call them to verify they received the docs since my signed title was sent. They acknowledged they received them and a carrier would reach out and coordinate pick up.

11 Nov 21- Received email stating a carrier was assinged and would contact me to schedule pick up.

15 Nov 21- Carrier contacted me and scheduled pick up for 16 Nov.

16 Nov 21- Carrier showed up on time at my residence and picked up the truck. They were quick, in and out within 20 minutes. They gave me a BOL stating they took delivery and I uploaded/ emailed this document to Vroom.

18 Nov 21- Received email stating a direct deposit was pending for my account and I should have it within 1-2 business days.

22 Nov 21- Direct deposit received

Overall the process is a little slow but everything worked out. Their customer service sucks and you will be on hold when you call but I eventually got answers when I had questions. Vroom was 4k higher than anyone around here. I tried Carvana, local dealers, Car Max, KBB Instant cash value, and they were all well below Vrooms offer.

@Shooter88

nuttz565

Reaction score
Vroom seems to be going after market share. I’ve sold 2 vehicles to them and they were higher by almost 10k on my Mustang than Carvana, Carmax etc. They sold it for less than they gave me which I’ve noticed from others that have sold to them too they do this a lot. Doesn’t seem to be a good business model lol. But if you have a vehicle to unload and don’t need to buy one now is the time to do it.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
I called my local dealer with the vroom offer on my wife's durango. My local dealer gave me $500 over the vroom offer.

rampulse

Reaction score
I just sold a vehicle and ran the gamut of these. For me Carvana was a smidge more than Vroom but some company called Shift came in about 4K more. I ended up selling private party myself but a local dealer said they would match the Shift price and instead went cold on the price after the inspection claiming issues.

Sold a car to Vroom a few years ago and it was hassle free and the best at the time so no complaints with their service. I have access the Mannheim and VAuto and they are just the wholesale average price for the most part.

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
I sold my Cadillac XTS to Carvana this summer with a VERY easy experience.

I'm probably going to put an order in on a 22 Longhorn tomorrow. Carvana today is offering 45K Vroom is $56,600, 1K more than I paid for my Laramie this summer. Just tried Shift and they arent interested in a 2021 apparently. Hopefully the numbers will hold and I can still do well on the truck when the new one comes in since it will probably have 20K on it by then. I'll shop it to the local dealers and see if theyre interested too.

Huntet02

Reaction score
With the majority of people on here purchasing 2022 models I wanted to do a timeline for my Vroom transaction. I imagine most of you will be getting rid of your current vehicle so hopefully this helps. Below is my timeline with selling my previous truck to Vroom.

3 Nov 21 - Logged on Vroom and entered my vehicle information to receive a quote. I had the quote in my inbox within seconds of submitting. The offer was to good to pass up so I decided to accept it. At this time I uploaded copies of my license, registration, title, and maybe a shot of my odometer.... not 100% on the last one. Later this evening I received my digital documents to sign. They also notified me they were going to overnight me documents to wet sign and return along with my signed title.

8 Nov 21 - There was a delay on there end on shipping the documents to me, they shipped them on the 5th which was a Friday. I received the docs on the 8th and signed them and overnighted them back to Vroom.

9 Nov 21 - I decided to call them to verify they received the docs since my signed title was sent. They acknowledged they received them and a carrier would reach out and coordinate pick up.

11 Nov 21- Received email stating a carrier was assinged and would contact me to schedule pick up.

15 Nov 21- Carrier contacted me and scheduled pick up for 16 Nov.

16 Nov 21- Carrier showed up on time at my residence and picked up the truck. They were quick, in and out within 20 minutes. They gave me a BOL stating they took delivery and I uploaded/ emailed this document to Vroom.

18 Nov 21- Received email stating a direct deposit was pending for my account and I should have it within 1-2 business days.

22 Nov 21- Direct deposit received

Overall the process is a little slow but everything worked out. Their customer service sucks and you will be on hold when you call but I eventually got answers when I had questions. Vroom was 4k higher than anyone around here. I tried Carvana, local dealers, Car Max, KBB Instant cash value, and they were all well below Vrooms offer.

@Shooter88
U might clarify at top of post “selling on VROOM”. I just bought my 2020 ram from them, well In Befinning of October- still have no title/tags/ registration and tags expired yest

Users who are viewing this thread