Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very unusual noise and engine hesitation.

Rgriffens

Reaction score
I have 2016 2500 RAM 6.7 never had any issues, a few months ago a check engine light come on, long story short, they replace the turbo actuator and fuel pressure sensor.
But the problem persists, is not always is just every 5-7 days for a few hours and is back to a normal.
The failure consists on when approach to stop sing or a light. The engine makes a loud noise, smells like unburn fuel and it feels like for a second the engine die and come back on its own. And continue like that until I press the gas pedal.
Please if someone experiment something similar please share your knowledge. I am very frustrated that every diesel shop I stop keel said that everything is normal.
Best Regards

Gus

Reaction score
What does the loud noise sound like? While it having this failure is it pumping out black smoke out of the tail pipe? Are you monitoring the fuel rail pressure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread