Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very last step before delivery to MD

joeycamp

Reaction score
I just orders last week and will plan a trip to pick up the truck. Did some reading and know it goes buy train then car carrier to dealer. I would like to book things as soon as possible like a little before it gets to MDs lot. Question is when it does happen can we track when it gets on a car carrier, how many days on the carrier? I hear they can get held up at rail yards but wondering if its safe to start booking air and stuff once it leaves on a carrier.

randyr6

Reaction score
I just orders last week and will plan a trip to pick up the truck. Did some reading and know it goes buy train then car carrier to dealer. I would like to book things as soon as possible like a little before it gets to MDs lot. Question is when it does happen can we track when it gets on a car carrier, how many days on the carrier? I hear they can get held up at rail yards but wondering if its safe to start booking air and stuff once it leaves on a carrier.
My truck arrived in MD and sat in the rail yard for 2 1/2 weeks BEFORE the car carrier picked it up (dealer could not give me any info about that as they are told that it is on the railway but not where) and delivered it 2 days later. When I called the dealer he stated it may take a few more day as he wasn't sure where the truck was but called me later in the day to say it was on the lot!

tyler2you

Reaction score
Agree with everyone else. Wait until you get the call that it's ready before booking. It could arrive damaged.

Reaction score
Just picked mine up Friday from MD.
Mine sat at Port Alen to be trucked over to MD for almost 3 weeks. When it got in they sent photos and an email with extra instructions etc.
From when they sent me the email and call saying the truck was on the lot and still needed to go thru make ready, it allowed me an extra week to pick it up I did do the paperwork and send the final payment to them a few days in advance to have it all done. Was on the lot literally for 29minutes lol, trade, few papers to sign, get temp tag in back window, do walk-around inspection, push all fuses into place in fuse block, set up phone, and gone!

arx237

Reaction score
Wait for it to hit the lot. Too much uncertainty in the transport variables.

The plus side here is as long as the financials are done they dont appear to care how long you wait to pick it up. Mine is nearing two weeks on their lot to line up with a company paid trip to shreveport.

Cseybert

Reaction score
Hopefully a storm doesn’t blow in and drop buttload of hail. MD doesn’t have indoor storage.

G’Dave

Reaction score
Wait for it to hit the lot. Too much uncertainty in the transport variables.

The plus side here is as long as the financials are done they dont appear to care how long you wait to pick it up. Mine is nearing two weeks on their lot to line up with a company paid trip to shreveport.

Same deal for me. Aaron at MD called me on April 27 around lunchtime with the good news that it had finally arrived. I got paperwork signed on the 29th, which they were very happy about because it helped their April sales numbers.

Once this was done, they were totally ok with additional delays on my end (like getting a check in the mail). It also meant that I was able to snag a flight with a 2 week advance purchase.

I’m finally picking it up this Saturday. Woo hoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeycamp

Reaction score
Same deal for me. Aaron at MD called me on April 27 around lunchtime with the good news that it had finally arrived. I got paperwork signed on the 29th, which they were very happy about because it helped their April sales numbers.

Once this was done, they were totally ok with additional delays on my end (like getting a check in the mail). It also meant that I was able to snag a flight with a 2 week advance purchase.

I’m finally picking it up this Saturday. Woo hoo.

Congratulations. Hope all goes well.

I’m probably the only one on here that is not in a big rush for it to come in. Don’t get me wrong I can’t wait to get in that drivers seat but the longer I wait the more money I can put down. Trying for payments under $500 a month. Plus a lot easier to schedule a trip in September than July or August for work reasons. Buying a 5th wheel but not till end of this year. Wanted to order before 2023 model comes out that also means higher prices.

Definitely want to go down to get it. I lived in New Orleans for while. Worst case my plan B would be to have it shipped.

G’Dave

Reaction score
Definitely want to go down to get it. I lived in New Orleans for while. Worst case my plan B would be to have it shipped.

Or you can get them to drive it up to 250 miles to meet you somewhere. I’m assuming they still offer this option…..

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
Wait until it hits the lot as has been said. I didnt pick my truck up for almost 3 weeks after it delivered so you will have plenty of time.

mkmsr

Reaction score
I waited until it was at MD. I don't think they care as long as they get paid with a week or so of it arriving. I was out of the country when it came in and had them paid within two days then picked up 10 days later.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread