Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
You will want to make sure your spare is good and get a tire repair kit.

Absolutely this!

For me I prioritize truck protection and recovery gear (truck recovery and human recovery). Then truck mods as needed.

I have tons of gear stuffed into my ram boxes. A lot of that revolves around tire support.

One of my tires a few weeks ago:
1617813893106.png

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
So far the only thing I needed was the spare. I could have used the tire kit...but sometimes them and gravel/dirt dont mix well. It was just me and the kids this trip. Didnt want to take the chance

Beautiful country!

We should really have an "Outdoors/Camping/Overlanding" section here on HDRams.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score

I guess I did kinda start one.

BigSarge64

Reaction score
My advice.....

Just go out and do it. Most people are so concerned with throwing as much stuff as possible on their trucks, but forget to actually just go out and explore. You will quickly find what parts/mods will be beneficial to you. If you already experienced with the areas you want to explore there are certain must haves like maybe sliders and skid plates, but for the most part just go out and enjoy and build the truck as needed.

I come from mostly the car world and it's the same mentality. People modding their cars for track days and racing, but few ever actually go out and use their parts for anything other than car meets in parking lots.
True. I actually haven't experienced any park or camping yet, as a matter of fact tomorrow around 1500hrs is my first time camping since 1997 in Ft Riley, Kansas. But you are right, the only MOD's that I want to do is Sliders, Skit plates and a 2.5in leveling kit to the front. Thanks for the info!

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
We went scouting dispersed sites this evening. Got to see the final two in Rothrock. They were occupied so I didnt get any pics.

Man I love heading out the ole dirt paths in Pennsylvania. Spent 3 hours enjoying nature checking on camp sites.

Did not take any pics til we saw the sun set. Sorry for my crappy phone.20210407_193815_HDR.jpg

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score

The link to my discussion at the 5th Gen site

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
True. I actually haven't experienced any park or camping yet, as a matter of fact tomorrow around 1500hrs is my first time camping since 1997 in Ft Riley, Kansas. But you are right, the only MOD's that I want to do is Sliders, Skit plates and a 2.5in leveling kit to the front. Thanks for the info!

I ETS'd (terminal leave) out of Ft. Riley Dec 1987... never so happy to see a place in my rear view mirror.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
The best hard maps for Pennsylvania that I have found are Purple Lizard Maps. They are all current and show dirt roads, unmaintained roads which require 4x4, hiking and equestrian trails, camping spots, scenic stops, etc. Just fantastic maps - I have them all.

Here is a link for the Mid-Atlantic Backcountry Discovery Route that I mentioned in my previous post.
I have them all. Used the Bald Eagle one this weekend as we camped there for 3 nights. Drove the drivable trails and used them on a 3 mile hike my 7 year old and I did.

These are my go to. The atlas is great for getting from lizard map to lizard map.20210306_101435~2.jpg
I live just north of the Raystown Map and just south of the Moshannon Map.

The MABDR misses alot of the great dirt roads in PA. I looked at it once for reference and then just made my own routes.

We did about 100 miles on dirt this weekend.

We were 3 miles as the crow flies from the next nearest camp20210424_164942.jpg

b307a1

Reaction score
View attachment 14545

So far the only thing I needed was the spare. I could have used the tire kit...but sometimes them and gravel/dirt dont mix well. It was just me and the kids this trip. Didnt want to take the chance
Yo, Double D!

I have to say that your tires are looking a little tired!

If you are interested you can have these20210426_083944.jpg F.O.C. 1100 miles on them.
They are coming off tomorrow. Just let me know where we can meet up. I live west of Buffalo (Angola).

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score

I guess I did kinda start one.

I'd really like a dedicated sub-forum for it.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Yo, Double D!

I have to say that your tires are looking a little tired!

If you are interested you can have theseView attachment 15403 F.O.C. 1100 miles on them.
They are coming off tomorrow. Just let me know where we can meet up. I live west of Buffalo (Angola).
I have got new tires since then. Thanks for the offer though.

Users who are viewing this thread