Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valve stem extensions for dual rear wheels???

Firebird

Reaction score
For the life of me, I cannot get to the valve stems on my inner wheels, I have the proper air gauge too to check pressures. Are any of you dually owners running valve stem extenders that you can recommend? I would like to be able to air down while not towing, and then easily air up when I need to.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
You have "inflate through" caps from the factory. You have to push on them really hard but they do work.

Extenders are a good idea but i havent gotten around to it yet.

im running 40 psi in my rears and leave them there while towing my 14k lb 5er. Hasnt been an issue.

Phil T

Reaction score
Extension hoses sound good until . . .

They develop a leak and your tire is flat. I had that problem on a DRW motorhome. Not fun to remove the outer tire to get to the stem. I would never own another extension hose.

Clarence007

Reaction score
You have "inflate through" caps from the factory. You have to push on them really hard but they do work.

Extenders are a good idea but i havent gotten around to it yet.

im running 40 psi in my rears and leave them there while towing my 14k lb 5er. Hasnt been an issue.
You run 40 psi in your rears an it hasn't set off any warnings? What about your front tires? Thx

CdnHO

Reaction score
I believe the 3500s just use TPIS so no warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With Alpha ODB or OBD JScan (works with iPhone) you can convert to TPMS on the duallies. I used JScan to switch to TPMS and also change the trigger pressures as required. I run 65 in the back when towIng and 35 when unloaded. The JScan app is free. Try it in Demo mode. You pay a license fee tied to the VIN to actually make changes. Also you need the security by-pass cable with either system.

Last edited:

mountainears

Reaction score
With Alpha ODB or OBD JScan (works with iPhone) you can convert to TPMS on the duallies. I used JScan to switch to TPMS and also change the trigger pressures as required. I run 65 in the back when towIng and 35 when unloaded. The JScan app is free. Try it in Demo mode. You pay a license fee tied to the VIN to actually make changes. Also you need the security by-pass cable with either system.

Right. My point was that the default was no warning. The person before was asking why no warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burger

Reaction score
I have flimsy little rubber valve stems on my inners that I can’t even reach. Does anybody know of a longer straight valve stem that works with factory TPMS? My rubber inners are too flimsy to attach an air nozzle, so I have to take to mechanic for air. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Burger

Reaction score
Use:
Amazon.com
and
Amazon.com

Makes airing up and down on duals a piece of cake.
Appreciate it, but from my understanding they have to have either a square backside or front of rim (can’t remember) for the TPMS. Dealership has ordered 3 different sets of valve stems, all wrong bc of the TPMS.

Burger

Reaction score
Appreciate it, but from my understanding they have to have either a square backside or front of rim (can’t remember) for the TPMS. Dealership has ordered 3 different sets of valve stems, all wrong bc of the TPMS.
Forgot to mention 22 Ram 3500 Dually Bighorn 17” rims

gimmie11s

Reaction score
I have flimsy little rubber valve stems on my inners that I can’t even reach. Does anybody know of a longer straight valve stem that works with factory TPMS? My rubber inners are too flimsy to attach an air nozzle, so I have to take to mechanic for air. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

See below

Use:
Amazon.com
and
Amazon.com

Makes airing up and down on duals a piece of cake.

The gator caps are a great idea. Also, the plastic factory ones work just fine.

He just needs one of these and the factory plastic caps will take air if you push hard enough.

shopping-2.jpeg

gimmie11s

Reaction score
It needs to be a straight chuck for the inner dual. See my other link above.

No it doesn't. I own a dually and use the one I pictured above just fine.

Straight chuck makes things easier, id agree. But not necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread