Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Used PW vs New 6.4

Enve46

Reaction score
Alright, update to this ordeal if anyone cares......... With the incentives on the 2023s Im now looking at new Power Wagons, Ive pretty much ruled out the 6.4 Big Horn or Laramie. Ive found quite a few that are nearly 20k off MSRP and thats hard to ignore. Should have an update in a few days on which I pull my trigger on. Just have to navigate these annoying dealers and their ******** add-ons. Had a deal lined up and they wouldn't remove whatever this new sealant they are using called "Resist-All" despite over 20k off, I just wont do it, especially since I ceramic coat all my own vehicles. Told them they could take 30k off, Im paying $750 for it.

DrTron

Reaction score
Wow, 20k off for a new PW is pretty good. I got about 12k when I got my 22.
Thing to consider about PW vs. 2500 is that the suspension on the PW is softer. One of the reasons I got one.
The 2500's ride stiffer, especially unloaded. The softer suspension is the main reason for the lower payload and towing capacity of the PW.

Enve46

Reaction score
Wow, 20k off for a new PW is pretty good. I got about 12k when I got my 22.
Thing to consider about PW vs. 2500 is that the suspension on the PW is softer. One of the reasons I got one.
The 2500's ride stiffer, especially unloaded. The softer suspension is the main reason for the lower payload and towing capacity of the PW.
Yea I dont tow haul anything thats what Im about done with diesels, more headaches after the initial fun wears out. I do like finding my way off-road and have had 3 TRXs so time for a Power Wagon!

snocam

Reaction score
I love my 2500 6.4. I use the way it outa be used, like a truck. That said, I have an F350 dually dump body for the real heavy stuff. I reckon I probably could get away with a PW the next go round. I'm sure it would tow my Vnose cargo trailer/camper conversion with no trouble and handle washboard roads and some trail rides with ease. Good luck with the search. Pictures when it happens!

Enve46

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on a 23 PW today. Pick it up Saturday. Pretty well loaded level 1.
IMG_5008.png

Will post pics when I take delivery. Ended up being $18k off. They were asking 67k for it and told them my number and we made it happen. Wanted olive green but patriot blue has always been a desire as well and feel with the right wheels/tires, they sit nicely. Hopeful I can find my happy place with this truck. I’ve gone through too many trucks in the last 2 years and while there’s some humor behind that I’m hoping this is the winning combination.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on a 23 PW today. Pick it up Saturday. Pretty well loaded level 1.

Will post pics when I take delivery. Ended up being $18k off. They were asking 67k for it and told them my number and we made it happen. Wanted olive green but patriot blue has always been a desire as well and feel with the right wheels/tires, they sit nicely. Hopeful I can find my happy place with this truck. I’ve gone through too many trucks in the last 2 years and while there’s some humor behind that I’m hoping this is the winning combination.

at $62k and change that is in the range of 22% off...sounds like the dealer was willing to deal. Talked to a few dealers over the past few days (different brands) and business has for sure slowed down...they weren't going to let you walk as long as you put a realistic number out there....congrats on it. always like the "fancier" trucks with front bench seat...

Enve46

Reaction score
at $62k and change that is in the range of 22% off...sounds like the dealer was willing to deal. Talked to a few dealers over the past few days (different brands) and business has for sure slowed down...they weren't going to let you walk as long as you put a realistic number out there....congrats on it. always like the "fancier" trucks with front bench seat...
I’ll be honest, I was looking for a base model or a tradesman with power wagon package but literally no one had them. There was a white one in Oklahoma that sold before I could get it but this ended up being 4k more so I’m happy with it for sure. They were willing to deal for sure. I lost another deal and I reached out to several dealers, cut it to them straight this is my number. And this one is actually much closer.

dmhines

Reaction score
Nice .. $62K for a Power Wagon with bunch of options is crazy great deal. I paid $ $61K after discount for my Tradesman Power Wagon ... which was only 9% off MSRP.

Enve46

Reaction score
Nice .. $62K for a Power Wagon with bunch of options is crazy great deal. I paid $ $61K after discount for my Tradesman Power Wagon ... which was only 9% off MSRP.
Thanks! I couldn’t get myself to spend 5/6k less for a used one, there’s great deals out there. Your truck is what actually has me looking for a tradesman power wagon

Enve46

Reaction score
Made the trip to Marietta in a rental car, picked up the Power Wagon and headed back.

Big difference between the mega cab diesels I’ve owned! Very happy with the comfort level of the ride. There’s room for improvement but all in all, very good out of the box on stock tires and psi. Power is there when you need it but I kept it easy. Happy with the purchase for sure! Had the detail leave it dirty so I’ll get it cleaned up tomorrow for more pics and hopefully in the next week or so I’ll spend some time in the garage paint correcting and coating it.

Attachments

• IMG_5029.jpeg
    IMG_5029.jpeg
    745 KB · Views: 25

Enve46

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the insight on my purchase. Let the fun part begin, thinking CJC/Racelines in bronze

Users who are viewing this thread