Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upload GPX route to Uconnect?

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
Is there an ability to UPLOAD a GPX file from another app in to the 12” Uconnect on a 2022 RAM 2500?

I fear the answer to this is that it can’t be done - I’ve searched the web and this forum for “GPX Uconnect” and am either coming up empty or with older posts (in other forums) that say it can’t be done.

I use an app that allows me to enter my RV dimensions so it routes me away from things like the Saw Mill River Parkway (which my Uconnect put me on after releasing one of those evil Vincent Price laughs over the stereo….).

But I love how the nav puts next turn on the dashboard and that it is always connected - where my phone can drop out from time to time. I can still use the phone via airplay and that’s a great integration, I would rather create the route in my app and then upload it to the Uconnect/TomTom instead.

Thanks for any help!

Bcrouse

Reaction score
Is there an ability to UPLOAD a GPX file from another app in to the 12” Uconnect on a 2022 RAM 2500?

I fear the answer to this is that it can’t be done - I’ve searched the web and this forum for “GPX Uconnect” and am either coming up empty or with older posts (in other forums) that say it can’t be done.

I use an app that allows me to enter my RV dimensions so it routes me away from things like the Saw Mill River Parkway (which my Uconnect put me on after releasing one of those evil Vincent Price laughs over the stereo….).

But I love how the nav puts next turn on the dashboard and that it is always connected - where my phone can drop out from time to time. I can still use the phone via airplay and that’s a great integration, I would rather create the route in my app and then upload it to the Uconnect/TomTom instead.

Thanks for any help!

Have you tried using a Truck/RV routing app on your phone.

CoPilot GPS
Sygic Truck
Hammer
RVLife
etc

I know with CoPilot, Sygic and Hammer it allows you download the full maps so you dont need cell/wifi. Out of those three I like the routing choices from CoPilot best.

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
Have you tried using a Truck/RV routing app on your phone.

CoPilot GPS
Sygic Truck
Hammer
RVLife
etc

I know with CoPilot, Sygic and Hammer it allows you download the full maps so you dont need cell/wifi. Out of those three I like the routing choices from CoPilot best.
Thanks (great looking pooch by the way…).

Yes, I’m using InRoute on my iPhone and they recently added RV routing which allows you to enter weights/dimensions and it routes you correctly (that’s the goal anyway). So I have no problem using it through Airplay - and I can run them “locally” from cache (though rerouting obviously isn’t possible) and I lose the turn-by-turn capability in the EVIC you get with the native TomTom nav.

I believe Apple Maps also provides TxT in the EVIC but I believe that’s glitchy. If it worked well, I bet there’s a way I could upload my route GPX from InRoute to Apple Maps….I’ll have to dig deeper on that….and whether Apple Maps can run off cache as well…

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
I’m guessing from the lack of replies there just isn’t a way to upload a GPX file to the TomTom? If anyone has any thoughts on how to attempt it - would love to hear what you think! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread