Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading to a 2500 Cummins

Joe mama

Reaction score
I ordered a 2020 Big Horn 4X4, Delmonico red, Rambox, Sport appearance package, level 2 equipment group, cold weather package., cloth black bucket seats. I ordered it June 4th, received the VON June 5th. The VIN# June 8th. and the build sheet today July 3rd. Dealer claims I might have the vehicle buy the end of the month but not sure if that is correct.
I currently have the best vehicle that I ever had. It's a 2016 RAM 1500 ECO Diesel. I have had 58,000 trouble free miles but I'm tired of watching the temperature gauge more than I'm paying attention to the TT behind me.

g00fy

Reaction score
I also came from a trouble free 2015 Ecodiesel Big Horn with 72,000 on the clock when i traded it for my 2500 tradesman. I'm happy with the switch, and you will probably be too, my 2500 tows my travel trailer like a dream with Zero worries about temperature. That being said I do miss that ZF 8 speed, this 68RFE is nowhere near as nice or well mannered.

steve49

Reaction score
Congrats to you both! I came from a trouble free 2014 ED with 110,000 on it, and the only concern were the temp when towing my toyhauler. Now have the 2019 Bighorn 2500 CTD, haven't been able to do any towing yet but really like the truck. G00fy your right the ZF 8 is much smoother!

Joe mama

Reaction score
Update: The truck is ready to ship! There is a estimated deliver date to Sterling Heights 7/28. I live in Brighton, MI. Its approx. 40 miles west of Sterling Heights. Not sure how long it will take to get to the dealer after it arrives in sterling Heights.

Joe mama

Reaction score
Update part 2: My truck was scheduled to arrive in Sterling Heights July 27th. July 23rd it was in Alliance, TX. Yesterday July 27th it was somewhere in Missouri. Today it's in Kansas City. Maybe that are driving it here! lol
I can't wait!

Joe mama

Reaction score
I finally have some good news. The truck finally made it to Sterling Heights! Hopefully I'll have it by the end of next week.

Joe mama

Reaction score
To my surprise the truck made it to Sterling Heights Wednesday and was delivered to the dealer Thursday and I brought it home on Friday. That was a long 2 month wait! I'm going to miss the ECO diesel but this truck will make it easier to forget.

Attachments

• IMG_1636.JPG
    IMG_1636.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 16

LamboTexas

Reaction score
To my surprise the truck made it to Sterling Heights Wednesday and was delivered to the dealer Thursday and I brought it home on Friday. That was a long 2 month wait! I'm going to miss the ECO diesel but this truck will make it easier to forget.
Congrats! Great looking rig!

RVTRKN

Reaction score
That truck is looking sharp in that color, unfortunatly I have to stick with white. It was a nice cool weekend here in Vegas at 105*F, last week it was 112*F. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread