Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading OEM Alpine Speakers

Riddick

Reaction score
@CFE

I am still rocking the Skar front dash speakers and am extremely happy. The kickers were awesome little speakers they were just a little to bright at higher volumes. I could fad them towards the rear and it helped but the system never sounded balanced to me. Skars are not nearly as bright but provide a great overall sound. I also added some cheap pioneer 6x9s in the rear doors, I felt all of my highs were coming from the dash speakers and the rears were all mids and bass. They provided exactly what I was missing and the entire system sounds better and balanced now. I have no plans to change anything else out anytime soon.

For the amount of money I have invested in audio I could not be happier. I have around 100 total invested and the difference in sound is night and day.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I paid 40 for 2 new pairs of the NVX 3 1/2 speakers, went a little overboard with the rest, Morel 6 1/2 in each door, 2 way speakers, Hertz tweeters overhead and the Pioneer sub, so much detail now it's crazy.

Bigsnowman

Dumb Log Guy
Reaction score
The NVX speakers are still rocking the dash, all 3 of them!
Thanks brv10 for the tip. I replaced both front corners with NVXs (had a leftover nib Hertz for the center) then took a 21oo mile road trip for the test. They really livened up the front! Yet another great tip from a solid guy!
Side note, I had a pair of JLs in the front corners of my '16. They were good but with the stock amp I'm not sure they were better than the NVXs.

Wholeo

Reaction score
In my 1500 I replaced the factory speakers with SKAR and was very happy with the outcome. Until you have seen and handled the factory speakers and realize how cheap they are, just about any speaker is a huge upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread