Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update 19.43.1a

ITGuy

Reaction score
After the latest update my USB ports would no longer project CarPlay (yay 400 miles...), tried multiple cables however They are all apparently now only useful for charging.

i was able to restore functionality by switching from USB to USB-C cable. I post this in case it helps anyone else.

I did sent an email to FCA through the owners website but they just said to go see the dealer.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
After the latest update my USB ports would no longer project CarPlay (yay 400 miles...), tried multiple cables however They are all apparently now only useful for charging.

i was able to restore functionality by switching from USB to USB-C cable. I post this in case it helps anyone else.

I did sent an email to FCA through the owners website but they just said to go see the dealer.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'm happy to hear you were able to find a solution. Please let me know if you ever need anything else.

Alison
RamCares

IronByron

Reaction score

Do you have 8.4 or 12” uconnect?

crzysnake137

Reaction score
How do you even update? I believe mine needs updating but it says everything is up to date

ITGuy

Reaction score
if you go for an hour drive it should do it automatically. You can check your version by holding the bottom right and bottom left icons at the same time for like 20 seconds, should go into dealer mode and you can see the version of the software.

D

Deleted member 80

if you go for an hour drive it should do it automatically. You can check your version by holding the bottom right and bottom left icons at the same time for like 20 seconds, should go into dealer mode and you can see the version of the software.
Any other changes in functionality you have noticed? Did they get voice-to-text to work via the native BT phone setup?

crzysnake137

Reaction score
Looks like my nav and Uconnect need to be updated, but th website says I’m updated and the truck won’t update either, anyone have the files to update?

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Looks like my nav and Uconnect need to be updated, but th website says I’m updated and the truck won’t update either, anyone have the files to update?

Hi, I would recommend visiting your dealership to have your truck updated. Please let me know if you need any assistance doing this.

Alison
RamTrucks

Battlecat204

Reaction score
I have 12" Uconnect. Truck advised up update available after putting truck in park this morning. Screen advised truck ignition needed to be off and in park.

Update completed in 15 mins.

Unfortunately my Bluetooth will no longer connect to any phone. Phone does not see the Uconnect either. Also all my favorites (xm) we overwritten.
My button placement of apps did survive.

Bass response and quality of xm seems better? Could be fooling myself though.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I have 12" Uconnect. Truck advised up update available after putting truck in park this morning. Screen advised truck ignition needed to be off and in park.

Update completed in 15 mins.

Unfortunately my Bluetooth will no longer connect to any phone. Phone does not see the Uconnect either. Also all my favorites (xm) we overwritten.
My button placement of apps did survive.

Bass response and quality of xm seems better? Could be fooling myself though.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your Bluetooth. I would recommend deleting and repairing both your Uconnect connection and you phone connecting and trying again. Let me know if this works.

Alison
RamCares

mus99gt

Reaction score
My presets were gone and equalizer settings reset. Not sure what else yet.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IronByron

Reaction score
My update arrived today. It was a strange experience. I stopped for fuel and the radio said update available. I ignored as I was getting fuel and didn’t have time. After fill up I started truck and then my phone wouldn’t connect over Apple Play (iPhone over USB port). I turned off truck (got the same update message) and then restarted the truck, still no CarPlay. I drove home and then let the update proceed in my driveway. It successfully updated to software version: 19.49.13 (I was originally at 18.45.40). After that my CarPlay and everything started working correctly. All seems good now! I was concerned especially since others had usb stop working after update. My experience was USB stopped working once the update arrived but I had not yet installed it.

Last edited:

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
The only think I lost were the pre-set radio favorites...

mus99gt

Reaction score
After driving more, noticed a little less lag changing presets using steering wheel buttons and in split screen, I can change the preset by touching before it was hit or miss. more miss than working. Plus I see navigation in split has presets like home showing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
The big screen started doing funky stuff this morning then the S/W update notice popped up. Waited to get back to the ranch to proceed. Update took all of 15 min and change. Everything appears to work as it did before the update. Of note: I don't have the UConnect App or Sirius/XM Guardian activated. It's obvious, therefore, that FCA can communicate with the truck at will. I like tech stuff but dat's creepy... :eek:

D

Deleted member 80

The prompt for the update popped up on mine when I got home a bit ago. I kicked it off, and have fingers crossed that everything works.

Users who are viewing this thread