Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Up fitter switch

hcooperrn

Reaction score
@paulvi -- any chance you are working on a full write-up that you can share, or can you point me in the right direction? Because there are so many part numbers for that switch, I'm really curious which one you chose -- you have the same original switches I do (exhaust, trailer, front/rear park sense). I've also got the PDC already, and I think I'm following the programming pieces -- my blind spot is still how to successfully (and as close to original as possible?) do the wiring in between. Thanks!

trdt44

Reaction score
Contact Alfaobd, they can enable that option for you.
So Alfaobd was able to get this menu enabled for me. Now all six of my buttons are working. I can still only change 1-4 in the EVIC. The menu still shows the switches in the radio settings but I can't make any changes. Thanks for the info.

trdt44

Reaction score
So if somebody else is looking for the correct switch panel here is what I did. I found a truck on a dealership website that has the same options as mine. I then got a subscription to tech authority and used that trucks vin number to locate a switch. Not guaranteed but it should get you close. I then used the subscription to look up all of the wiring diagrams.

I believe @paulvi is connecting at the XY125A connector under the dash. From the factory the wiring for the switches does run from the upper switch bank connector to this connector and then terminates, from what I can tell. A new wire harness is then ran from the XY125A connector to the OEM Aux PDC. As far as connecting to the OEM Aux PDC I have not done any research as this is not on my Hemi truck and is not available for purchase.

I did mine a little different. I created a plug and play harness that connects at the back of the upper switch bank and then ran new wire to my aftermarket fuse/relay panel. This is basically did what 4th gen electronics has done but I used a different fuse/relay panel. There is a little more work to get the switches working on 2019's as @paulvi helped me figure out. If somebody is interested in this version I can help with the part numbers for the connectors and share some diagrams. Ultimately it will be up to you to do the research to make sure everything will work for you.

2019nightedition

Reaction score
Looking to add these to my 19 cummins. who was selling the wiring kits? have the dash panel with the 6 aux buttons already.

farmallboy

Stump Killer
Reaction score
Also interested in right up. Found the multi switch necessary. Would love to be able to buy a factory harness and have the true experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
Yeah, if you asked for upfitter, they might have thought you wanted the VSIM.

I highly recommend that you order from your dealer as this switch panel comes in many many versions , panel only vs kit (6.4L or 6.7L?, parking sensors?, etc...)

Multi Switch - Mopar (68381308AE) <-- ONE EXAMPLE ONLY
6.4L, with aux swtc, with air susp with prk snsr, without front sensors.

I was just wondering what you mean by kit ?

MikeXM

Reaction score
I was just wondering what you mean by kit ?
Kit just refered to a complete upfitter setup, which includes the extra upfitter wiring kit, not just the switch panel.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
it will fit and plug in as factory. it won't "work" until you do the rest of the job.

Kingarthur13

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 2019 ram 3500 that I added the aux switch bank in the dash at the factory. Mine has the air bags etc... and I was able to get the correct switch bank. Everything works accept what I want.... the aux switch’s... my truck has the factory aux pdc box. It is wired to one side (hot) in the fuse but that’s it. I would need the fuses, wires, relays for the pdc and from what everyone is saying the wires to the switches. Is anyone selling this kit around here? I just bought a new bumper with lights and really now need to finish these aux switch’s. Any help would be appreciated.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 2019 ram 3500 that I added the aux switch bank in the dash at the factory. Mine has the air bags etc... and I was able to get the correct switch bank. Everything works accept what I want.... the aux switch’s... my truck has the factory aux pdc box. It is wired to one side (hot) in the fuse but that’s it. I would need the fuses, wires, relays for the pdc and from what everyone is saying the wires to the switches. Is anyone selling this kit around here? I just bought a new bumper with lights and really now need to finish these aux switch’s. Any help would be appreciated.
If you got it from the factory you would have it all installed and only need to connect to the grey conectors by the pdc

Kingarthur13

Reaction score
If you got it from the factory you would have it all installed and only need to connect to the grey conectors by the pdc
For clarification, the only factory items that came on the truck are the auxiliary pdc (Not wired for aux switch’s) I just had the factory install the new switch bank in the dash with the aux switch’s... the truck did not have it factory. to Finish this I need the following
wire up the aux pdc (looking for a kit from someone for all these connectors and wires)
relays (these are on order)
fuses (need to order)
grey plugs that sit next to pdc under hood (anyone know the part number for these two connectors?)
what is not clear to me is how much or how far I need to wire to the switch’s for the control wires... is it from the y125 plug only? Is it from the switch bank?
How many wires do I need to add through the fire wall?
can the factory flash the truck to accept the new switch bank? Or is the only way using after market alfaobd reader thingy?
I used to install car stereos so I have some knowledge of how to wire stuff up just don’t know how much I need, as everyone talks about having to wire to the switch’s but they don’t say how many wires they ran and how far they had to go

Kingarthur13

Reaction score
For clarification, the only factory items that came on the truck are the auxiliary pdc (Not wired for aux switch’s) I just had the factory install the new switch bank in the dash with the aux switch’s... the truck did not have it factory. to Finish this I need the following
wire up the aux pdc (looking for a kit from someone for all these connectors and wires)
relays (these are on order)
fuses (need to order)
grey plugs that sit next to pdc under hood (anyone know the part number for these two connectors?)
what is not clear to me is how much or how far I need to wire to the switch’s for the control wires... is it from the y125 plug only? Is it from the switch bank?
How many wires do I need to add through the fire wall?
can the factory flash the truck to accept the new switch bank? Or is the only way using after market alfaobd reader thingy?
I used to install car stereos so I have some knowledge of how to wire stuff up just don’t know how much I need, as everyone talks about having to wire to the switch’s but they don’t say how many wires they ran and how far they had to go
seems i may be using factory loosely here.... I am old... factory meaning had the dealer install the switch bank in the dash... not literally sent back to the factory to be installed.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
there's a whole mess of wiring that has to be completed. the switch bank is the easy part.

20201205_230500.jpg

Kingarthur13

Reaction score
there's a whole mess of wiring that has to be completed. the switch bank is the easy part.

View attachment 10988
Ty for the picture. The aux pdc is a ton of wires. You did this yourself? And how many wires did you have to run through the fire wall and where did they connect too? The switch plug? The y125 plug? Both lol ?
Your picture is basically exactly what I need to do. Factory aux pdc rest of the wires o need to jump and tie into.
Last I see you have the grey wires that I assume you will snap into the grey plugs that then serve as your access point for the Lights etc. did you find the grey plugs? If so do you recall a part number?

Users who are viewing this thread