Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unprotected Wiring Harness-2019 2500

CO-2500

Reaction score
Heads Up! I was putting on some steps today and found a nicked wire in a wiring harness, under the truck, behind the left front wheel, in an unprotected section of wiring. Why would Dodge leave a section of wiring exposed under the truck? I probably should've taken it to the dealer and complained but I wrapped it up so it wouldn't get any more damage. Looks like a harness that goes to the transmission/transfer case. You might want to check your truck and protect this wiring if it's exposed, could save you a lot of headache down' the road.

IMG_2596.JPG

jkbrereton

Reaction score
I'm going to take a look when there's light outside

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Omarf4

Reaction score
Checked mine. Same spot as what’s in the pic and it’s wrapped by a heat clothe with regular black electrical tape on the edges. I could see where it might fall off if the tape came out or not wrapped around itself a few times......

Good tip to keep an eye out on that hot mess of a wiring harness....thanks!

CO-2500

Reaction score
Checked mine. Same spot as what’s in the pic and it’s wrapped by a heat clothe with regular black electrical tape on the edges. I could see where it might fall off if the tape came out or not wrapped around itself a few times......

Good tip to keep an eye out on that hot mess of a wiring harness....thanks!

Mine looked like it never had any protection from the factory. I've only got 500 miles on the truck. With that many wires there I'm sure it would create major problems if they got damaged.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Mine looked like it never had any protection from the factory. I've only got 500 miles on the truck. With that many wires there I'm sure it would create major problems if they got damaged.
It looks like in the pick it is by the front cab mount, is that correct? It snowed 6’’ here last night so the easier to locate the better. Thanks for the discovery

CO-2500

Reaction score
It looks like in the pick it is by the front cab mount, is that correct? It snowed 6’’ here last night so the easier to locate the better. Thanks for the discovery

It is just below the cab mount. If you look under your truck, just behind the left front wheel it is obvious, at least on my truck it was.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
It is just below the cab mount. If you look under your truck, just behind the left front wheel it is obvious, at least on my truck it was.
Took a look and they seemed to be all taped up, the only uncovered ones I could see was behind the front wheel well liner near a plug

npurdy1112

Reaction score

Mine was wrapped, but I will keep an eye on it.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Maybe I am lucky and have a 4 3/4 gen and you guys with bare wires are only rocking 4 1/2 gen trucks!! one thing I do know is my block heater cord was zip tided tied tighter than a nuns knees!

Users who are viewing this thread