Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect

DirectJH

Reaction score
So I cannot believe I'm the only one experiencing this, I have had a 2022 and a 2023 both with Sirius one with a 12" screen and one with a 8.4" screen. I verified a custom channel (one that you search for by artist truly commercial free) worked on three different trucks that I was looking at and all three did not have an issue pulling up a custom channel they did not have any trial internet. After driving it home the custom channel would not work and would say no internet connection, most times it would come back after switching to FM then back. Took it to the dealership for several other small issues and now it only says no internet slow internet etc. had to turn back around after I picked it up because the dual climate control only showed a single climate. I was told by the tech that it had to have internet to work, I told him it did not have it on the test drive then he claimed it was a bad location causing it. Now I do have internet through at&t in the truck for hotspot it doesn’t work any better at my house that is setup to do downloads for updates. Anyone really know how to make this work? I do know they are Pandora but it is included with Sirius subscription.

mountainears

Reaction score
I listen to a couple of channels that are internet channels and do not pay for internet with the truck. But I’m pretty sure it is using the internet on my phone as I have it connected to do that. I don’t mind using my phones internet connection to do that. If that’s a config that works for ya I can look where I set that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirectJH

Reaction score
I definitely would since I cant find any other option other than under settings for updates that I have checked and that doesn't work.

jsalbre

Reaction score
It does use the truck’s internet connection, not your phone for the SiriusXM “internet” channels. You don’t need the hotspot subscription.

I have a number of those channels set up, and I find they usually don’t work until I’ve been driving for a few minutes. The system seems slow to get a connection. I’ve had drives where it took more than 10 minutes of drive time before it was able to get a connection.

The “single zone climate control” issue is because they did a reset on your infotainment system. It’ll go back to normal after a couple drive cycles.

DirectJH

Reaction score
I've had times that it never comes back on after a hour and yesterday it didn't after 45 minutes driving from the dealership until I got home. Is there something wrong or is it just another one of those things you pay for that doesn't work? I first found this feature on a 2020 Limited by curiosity and it worked flawlessly, in hindsight I should have kept that truck.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I've had times that it never comes back on after a hour and yesterday it didn't after 45 minutes driving from the dealership until I got home. Is there something wrong or is it just another one of those things you pay for that doesn't work? I first found this feature on a 2020 Limited by curiosity and it worked flawlessly, in hindsight I should have kept that truck.
I really don’t have a good answer for that. I’ve not done any rigorous testing of it, but I feel like if I forget about it and come back to one of those stations later it always works.

Users who are viewing this thread