Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect update

Xtrememachines

Reaction score
Uconnect did an update and now every morning the screen defaults to all aps instead of home screen. Anyone else have this issue?

thkbaron

Reaction score
no but I'd like to know why 90 percent of the time after I get a text message or some sort of interaction with car play my screen shoots back to the home screen. annoys the f out of me. does the same thing on my wife's new durango.

JamesEvan

Reaction score
no but I'd like to know why 90 percent of the time after I get a text message or some sort of interaction with car play my screen shoots back to the home screen. annoys the f out of me. does the same thing on my wife's new durango.
Mine kicks over to climate randomly when I am in Carplay (Waze) since the last update.

@RamCares - Is there a site to submit an issue/bug with the UConnect software?

Sherwin2004

Reaction score
My Uconnect 5 has a mind of its own. It does so many things that I can't even recall them all anymore. I lose all my presets like clockwork every 2-3 weeks. I make sure everything is saved in my profile too. According to the manual, we should be able to upload profiles to the cloud, but I cannot find how to make it work when signed in to Mopar/Uconnect Services. The method described in the manual doesn't appear anywhere online that I could find.

My issues (none of which are resolved):

- Constantly lose presets
- Satellite Antenna failure notices (but then it just goes back to normal)
- Upon starting the truck, I am not asked who is driving (even though it has my name on the screen)
- X out of the Welcome screen and it sometimes goes to Carplay or just goes to the main music screen
- I tried to delete the Driver 2 profile but it won't go away
- I started using Driver 2 as a backup of my presets to see how that works out
- Profile Theme has changed at random 3-4 times in 3-4 months (5000 miles on the 2022 Power Wagon)
- Carplay decides when it wants to work (or not)

I have a sneaky suspicion that Ram is pushing out incremental software updates and not saying anything about it. I see no other reason why all of these issues are so random. I've given up trying to set more than 3-4 presets. No hope that they will remain. BTW, I have the 8.4 w/o navigation. Level 2 trim group. I snagged the truck before the dealer even had a chance to prep it because I was tired of waiting.

On a more positive note, I did start to build out some things.

g00fy

Reaction score
These UC5's are so incomplete and broken, I'm shocked there isn't a class action suit already. I googled it yesterday out of curiosity, and all I found was a class action suit for the 2017+ Pacifica Uconnects, probably for a lot of the same problems.

Bcw

Reaction score
Uconnect updated last week and did change the screen. Also I used to have nav. Screen and radio is on left side now it’s just map screen. Upgrade not for the better

BigDaddyKong

Reaction score
I have the forgetting preset problem too. The worst problem is when it thinks FB messenger is in the middle of a call. It locks up the head unit, and won't even power down. It just says it's connected to a call. The only way to fix it is to reboot my phone. Airplane mode would probably fix that too, but have not tested that yet.

Dingo

Reaction score
All my presets were deleted this morning for the first time. Guess I've passed initiation into the Uconnect 5 club.

EDIT: May 13...and all presets deleted again...

Last edited:

Sherwin2004

Reaction score
All my presets were deleted this morning for the first time. Guess I've passed initiation into the Uconnect 5 club.

EDIT: May 13...and all presets deleted again...

Mine were deleted again on May 17. All gone. And my Theme changed too. In fact, I don't even have the option for Theme 4. It's still there, but it's not like the previous one. I experimented with using Driver 2 as my primary. I've noticed some improvement in terms of useability. If I stay on Driver 2, then I'm not always asked who is driving with the pop-up screen. More to follow...

Chris85xlt

Reaction score
Uconnect did an update and now every morning the screen defaults to all aps instead of home screen. Anyone else have this issue?
Mine does this.
the Uconnect 5 gets more annoying the more updates they do.

I got the truck back in October as a MY22 and the Uconnect upper sub menu icons and interior tempture would disappear every 24 hours after i reboot. Eventually i just left it as i didnt really use upper sub menu icons anyways. The missing interior temp sucked though.

Some time in December i got another update that would flash the interior temp only if i made a temp change. Eh, not exactly fixed but better then no temp icon.

But now after doing the latest update, it starts in the apps screen and i would have to switch over to the widget screen (home screen) every morning. icons still missing

Last edited:

Sherwin2004

Reaction score
June has been the worst. I can't keep anything the same. I've simply given up. I've had thoughts of literally taking the truck back and walking away. This is very irritating. Every single time I get in the truck something seems to be different. Just getting out of the driveway I have to fight with Carplay, the maneuver my way back to the main screen. Phonebook tries to update every time the truck is started. Seems like there's no fixing it.

Chris85xlt

Reaction score
yup, every morning its like i have to go through a system check before taking off.
I have the phonebook thing disabled but having to update that everyday sounds annoying

CFE

Reaction score
June has been the worst. I can't keep anything the same. I've simply given up. I've had thoughts of literally taking the truck back and walking away. This is very irritating. Every single time I get in the truck something seems to be different. Just getting out of the driveway I have to fight with Carplay, the maneuver my way back to the main screen. Phonebook tries to update every time the truck is started. Seems like there's no fixing it.

yup, every morning its like i have to go through a system check before taking off.
I have the phonebook thing disabled but having to update that everyday sounds annoying
@RamCares Can you light a fire under your software/tech division to resolve these ongoing issues?

Hibiki54

Reaction score
I'm not having any of these issues.

All electronic issues, including software issues with the infotainment system are covered under your 5 year factory warranty.

Additionally, if you are finding issues with Apple Car Play or Android Auto, you should check the settings for the App on your phone or your Uconnect with the phone disconnected.

EDIT: To elaborate, just so I'm not seen as an ass talking out of one -- I had an ongoing issue with my Uconnect in which I would be playing my Pandora app listening to music. Then I would get an annoying feedback noise followed by the Uconnect crashing and starting up. I would then get an error stating "Your Uconnect Box requires service. Please see an authorized dealer." And this would continue to appear at all start-ups until fixed. The fix was the service department replacing a telematics unit associated with the Uconnect system. This happened twice and the 2nd time they replaced it with an updated factory unit and informed me that they are well aware of my specific issue and have been working on it.

So I suggest taking your issue to a dealership. If anything, you could ask them to just reset your Uconnect system and get a clean software update.

Last edited:

thkbaron

Reaction score
I'm not having any of these issues.

All electronic issues, including software issues with the infotainment system are covered under your 5 year factory warranty.

Additionally, if you are finding issues with Apple Car Play or Android Auto, you should check the settings for the App on your phone or your Uconnect with the phone disconnected.

EDIT: To elaborate, just so I'm not seen as an ass talking out of one -- I had an ongoing issue with my Uconnect in which I would be playing my Pandora app listening to music. Then I would get an annoying feedback noise followed by the Uconnect crashing and starting up. I would then get an error stating "Your Uconnect Box requires service. Please see an authorized dealer." And this would continue to appear at all start-ups until fixed. The fix was the service department replacing a telematics unit associated with the Uconnect system. This happened twice and the 2nd time they replaced it with an updated factory unit and informed me that they are well aware of my specific issue and have been working on it.

So I suggest taking your issue to a dealership. If anything, you could ask them to just reset your Uconnect system and get a clean software update.
Yeah I haven't had any issues either. One time my wife's UConnect 5 froze on her Durango but that's it. Been fairly flawless so far for both 2022's.

Sherwin2004

Reaction score
I'm beginning to wonder if the preset issues have to do with Sirius XM? I'm still using only the "trial" subscription. Is it possible Sirius could delete presets so they can play their commercial until it bugs you to death?

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
Had the RAM mobile service tech out the other day to handle a couple of the recalls that were just computer stuff. He also had the latest TSB for the radio and installed it for me. I’ll have to wait a week or so and see if it quits dropping the presets,etc. He said if the problem persists they will escalate and have to order a new radio.

Users who are viewing this thread