Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect Update

CdnHO

Reaction score
Last night I noted a message on my radio that indicated a UConnect Update. This morning I noted it was finished and just as I hit the OK button, I noticed a "What's New" button. Too late. Anyone know what in fact was new in this update?

CDNgoat

Reaction score
Mine just did that so whats new comes up" uconnect improved quality" push "Assist " to view, and it come back " services not active to view push ACTIVATE "
so this update is just a ad promo to try and get you to subscribe to Guardian services and sirrius , Just me but if you put this in a truck i pay 100k CDN, for it better be included , I guess I,d better not say more big brother may shut my truck down CHEERS

CdnHO

Reaction score
Mine just did that so whats new comes up" uconnect improved quality" push "Assist " to view, and it come back " services not active to view push ACTIVATE "
so this update is just a ad promo to try and get you to subscribe to Guardian services and sirrius , Just me but if you put this in a truck i pay 100k CDN, for it better be included , I guess I,d better not say more big brother may shut my truck down CHEERS
I haven't noticed anything different since the update. Who knows. I guess anything would be an improvement of this **** system. Once the included subscriptions expire I won't be renewing them.

unclelala

Reaction score
I haven't noticed anything different since the update. Who knows. I guess anything would be an improvement of this **** system. Once the included subscriptions expire I won't be renewing them.
Its probably a spying and listen to you app, apparently Kia is the worst for spying on you in your vehicle but Stellantis is in the top 10. :eek:

rfullen280

Reaction score
Its probably a spying and listen to you app, apparently Kia is the worst for spying on you in your vehicle but Stellantis is in the top 10. :eek:
can't spy on ya if you don't have a cellular modem...

jsalbre

Reaction score
You think your truck is bad? Try your phone. Your computer.
Also your smart TV, set top box (Google Chrome, Firestick, etc), and literally every other device that has an internet connection, including your internet connection itself.

I hate to say it, but the genie is out of the bottle and you can't put it back in. If you don't want your information being sold then you'd better just go be a hermit.

CDNgoat

Reaction score
Also your smart TV, set top box (Google Chrome, Firestick, etc), and literally every other device that has an internet connection, including your internet connection itself.

I hate to say it, but the genie is out of the bottle and you can't put it back in. If you don't want your information being sold then you'd better just go be a hermit.
just one global EMP , see how the grid and all this tech poof back to firewood

jsalbre

Reaction score
just one global EMP , see how the grid and all this tech poof back to firewood
Yeah, in any situation that would bring about that I’m sure people will be saying “boy, I sure am glad my car isn’t spying on me anymore!”

UglyViking

Reaction score
On the topic of spying/privacy, the sad fact is that no one cares. If people by and large cared about this there would be huge backlash with the amount of data being siphoned off and used against you in new and creative ways. People don't, so it will continue until people do.

I do think we are approaching a turning point though. Time will tell if it's just a blimp.

On the topic of uconnect updates. It would be nice if there was a way to see release notes online.

Users who are viewing this thread